Talk

Advanced search

to want DS and DH to stop gibber gabbering all the way through the X factor???

(16 Posts)
waddlelikeaduck Sat 24-Oct-09 20:30:42

I have asked them several times to shut up but they keep making comments and talking non stop through tonights X factor angry!

If they don't want to watch it then they should bugger off, if they do they surely they should shut up???

AIBU?

TrinityHasAVampireRhino Sat 24-Oct-09 20:32:33

do they have somewhere to bugger off to?

I would probably accidently talk aswell as its bollocks and I would forget

TrickOrNinks Sat 24-Oct-09 20:36:23

Sky Plus it. I do and then pack DD off to bed.

Then I watch it again in instalments during the week with her sober when I'm not so tired.

waddlelikeaduck Sat 24-Oct-09 20:36:44

Hi,

yeah they could go upstairs and are apparently watching X factor....but still won't shut up!

blametheparents Sat 24-Oct-09 20:38:20

You have to have a chat to moan about them all, but that is all that is allowed.
Banished them to the garden shed.

nostrila Sat 24-Oct-09 23:02:06

As soon as the x-factor is on everyone in my house seems to have had a talking pill!! YANBU - banish them!

waddlelikeaduck Sun 25-Oct-09 00:00:48

well eventually they actually stopped talking - miracle! Think it helped that I refused to let them vote unless they actually watch the programme... and in the end they didn't vote anyway as they know how tight I am with the phone! lol....

cat64 Sun 25-Oct-09 00:16:12

Message withdrawn

Aeschylus Sun 25-Oct-09 09:28:50

Bah, I have to listen to my DW talk,talk and talk some more through Lie to me, and Stargate Universe, when I moan i always get "but nothings happening" so good on all men who talk through your shows, in some ways it makes me weirdly happy

hophophippidtyhop Sun 25-Oct-09 09:49:11

My Mum does this, drives us insane! Her best one is if we put a film on when she's round, she'll chat throught the first ten minutes, decide to watch and then expect a quick synopis of what's happening as she hasn't been watching! she'll then proceed with things like, "why's he doing that?" "ooo, that's to do with so and so that happened" or "who's she?" about some major character in the film. Consequently we try not to watch films with her!

hophophippidtyhop Sun 25-Oct-09 09:51:11

Off subject, but Aeschylus, another stargate universe watcher here!(haven't found any real life ones yet!

ABatDead Sun 25-Oct-09 10:01:23

Its one of the main reasons I come on MN in the evenings. DW just gets crotchety listens but doesn't respond much when I talk to her if she is watching TV. Her mother is the same and insists on watching all 'the soaps' in total silence. I don't like TV much at all and tend to get bored and start nattering.

<wonders why it is women say they can multi task much better than men but apparently can't talk and watch TV at the same time like men can>

FrightsMonth Sun 25-Oct-09 10:25:17

Never watched it myself, but had to LOL when a mum at school said she'd booked herself a room at the travelodge for the night of the final, to ensure she could watch in peace.

OrmIrian Sun 25-Oct-09 10:27:38

But surely that was an improvement? Anything is better than saturday evening TV.

diddl Sun 25-Oct-09 10:37:25

I love it when that´s on.

No one likes it, so the TV is turned off & we read/play board games/cards.

onthepier Sun 25-Oct-09 13:59:43

I find this with my dh and dd during X-Factor and Strictly Come Dancing, I have been known to go upstairs and watch in peace!

My dd tends to question everything, (not a bad thing sometimes!) but every time Bruce Forsyth makes a joke or one of the X-Factor judges makes a comment, she'll say, "What did he mean/why did he say that/doesn't he like that performer or is he just joking?"

Arghh! By the time you've explained the last gag to her you've near enough missed the next act!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now