Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with DD nicking my perfume and makeup??

(16 Posts)
BigMomma3 Sat 24-Oct-09 18:02:52

DD is 12 (almost 13)and she is constantly taking stuff from my makeup bag and not putting it back. Mornings are usually a rush and I get a surge of anger when I go to put makeup on and stuff like facepowder, concealer and mascara has disappeared then have to scream at her to give it back and wait while she finds it angry. I don't mind her borrowing stuff but I even bought her some of the basics but she still takes mine. I only let her wear concealer and powder to cover her spots with a bit of lipgloss and clear mascara anyway. She was also using about a can of body spray a week (I banned her using it as I almost choked to death on the fumes in her bedroom) but she still uses mine and have had to start buying roll on deodorant as she was spraying so much when we used cans!!

Do I really have to hide everything?? I like having a close relationship with her but I would never have dared to use my mum's stuff. AIBU to be getting to the end of my tether about this!!

BigMomma3 Sat 24-Oct-09 18:12:03

And don't get me started on the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel that she gets through and taking my more expensive 'treat' stuff from my ensuite and leaving it in the main bathroom so I have to run out of the shower naked to get it in the mornings!!

VulpusinaWilfsuit Sat 24-Oct-09 18:14:30

Did you have any sisters when you grew up?

BigMomma3 Sat 24-Oct-09 18:16:01

Yes 3!!

VulpusinaWilfsuit Sat 24-Oct-09 18:16:08

that was meant in a nice way btw grin

it happens all the time between sisters.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Sat 24-Oct-09 18:17:26

so maybe she feels more comfortable and equal with you, than you did with your mum? A compliment i'd say grin

MaggieBruja Sat 24-Oct-09 18:18:22

My dd is only 7 and I have to put everythign like eyecream or hair serum on top of wardrobe. I have told her til I'm blue in the face "taht stuff's expensive, and MINE more to the point, don't touch it"... but I am talking to the hand.

At least at 13 she can apply it without spilling half of it on the carpet...? I hope?

BigMomma3 Sat 24-Oct-09 18:18:26

To be honest it's more the fact that I'm her mum that pisses me off as she obviously has no bloody respect for me to keep on doing it when she knows it drives me mad. Even when I did nick my sisters stuff, I did it sneakily so they would'nt notice but she is so blatant grin.

MaggieBruja Sat 24-Oct-09 18:20:24

I remember wearing that green moisturiser which I'd stolen a tiny bit of. I didn't realise my face was GREEN. I was so busted! but yes, I sneaked in on tiptoe. Not just blatant rummaging!

lou33 Sat 24-Oct-09 18:24:11

dd1 is always borrowing my make up and clothes, drives me nuts as she doesnt really take care of my stuff

i am still waiting the return of a black sequined ballet pump from the summer

thesecondcoming Sat 24-Oct-09 19:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GooberIsLockedInTheBootOfMyCar Sat 24-Oct-09 19:14:32

I'd be worried if she wasn't!!

Tortington Sat 24-Oct-09 19:16:40

lockable box for the essentials

i dont wear make up often - so when i do i am always raiding dd;s dressing talbe

and i get the same response as the OP

"MUM! do you mind"

thesecondcoming Sat 24-Oct-09 19:18:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BiteOfFun Sat 24-Oct-09 19:33:21

Tweezer-nicking really pisses me off. Every time I want to pluck my beard eyebrows, they are unaccountably missing, and I have to rummage and then panic that the younger one has flushed them down the toilet, grrr angry

TrickOrNinks Sat 24-Oct-09 19:38:06

YANBU although I have to say, every time I see this title I read it as DH nicking your beauty products.

I have wine, so just warning you in case you get a bizarre response later tonight grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now