Talk

Advanced search

to expect adults NOT to talk with food in their mouths?

(11 Posts)
chicaguapa Sat 24-Oct-09 16:12:48

Especially when talking to DC! It really winds me up. I remember having it drummed into me as a child to not talk with food in my mouth and I say the same to DC. Am I fighting a losing battle? They even do it on the telly! angry

SqueezyCheesyPumpkin Sat 24-Oct-09 16:14:16

I hate that too, makes me want to vomit.

YANBU.

AnyGhoulKno Sat 24-Oct-09 16:15:16

Can't say it bothers me really, unless they actually spit food at me

blondiep14 Sat 24-Oct-09 16:16:33

YANBU
Disgusting. I am abnormally anal about table manners mind you.

TheDevilEatsBabies Sat 24-Oct-09 16:34:02

blush
gotta say none of my family has good table manners.

but at least we all sit down together to eat.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 24-Oct-09 16:39:50

YANBU,
I was just thinking the same this week,
DS1 had a playdate who was talking with a full mouth and DS1 asked him to wait until he had finished eating before telling us. blush smile

LetThereBeRock Sat 24-Oct-09 17:04:35

YANBU.

chicaguapa Sat 24-Oct-09 19:25:31

I wish DC would pick adults up on it. It's easier than having to say it yourself! We took a couple of DD's friends to Pizza Express and I was surprised at one friend's table manners. Especially as her mum is always going on about how cheeky her daughter's friends are (presumably including DD) and how good manners are important etc. But hasn't taught her not to talk with her mouth full OR use her fingers to eat shock(not with the pizza I might add - that's ok).

FleurDelacour Sun 25-Oct-09 12:42:28

Here in Singapore table manners are awful. Eating with your fingers and chewing with your mouth open are standard. Picking up a piece of food with chopsticks or fork and biting bits off it is seen as normal by a large number of people. Chicaguapa and BlondieP14- you would both feel my pain.

blondiep14 Sun 25-Oct-09 17:12:24

I cringe at the table manners of DP'd niece's and nephew. I can't sit opposite them when we eat together because they talk with their mouthfulls, put their elbows on the table, don't hold cutlery nicely, play with their food etc. The list is endless and makes me feel ill but everyone thinks I'm the mental one. Perhaps I am! I do know there are more important things in life but I can't help it - I blame my Mum & Dad!

AliGrylls Sun 25-Oct-09 17:23:01

It is horrible sitting opposite someone who talks with their mouthful. DH does it sometimes and it irritates me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now