Talk

Advanced search

to actually fear for the future of my mixed race children?

(10 Posts)
rasputin Sat 24-Oct-09 12:21:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 24-Oct-09 12:25:42

personally I don't think it will be a huge problem but I guess that is dependant upon where you live.

I have mixed race children we live in hicksville but there are a few other families in the village who are non white.

I think bringing confidence into your children abotu them being a mix of both cultures is good, they are 50% of each they are both as valuable to their personality as each other.

vvvodka Sat 24-Oct-09 12:25:57

i think that you need to stop being sick with fear. no idea how. my kids arent mixed race in theusual sense, ie, both parents are ethnic, but neither ethnicity will claim kids as their own . iyswim.
i worry too, but, in the schem of things, its not omething i can do muchabout, so n o ppoint in getting stressed abotu it.

overmydeadbody Sat 24-Oct-09 12:32:29

Yes YABU

There really is no need to fear for the future of your children. The world is full of different people who are mostly tolerant of each other.

overmydeadbody Sat 24-Oct-09 12:33:21

And also, being fearful and sick with worry only affects you badly. It doesn't do anything to help the situation.

slowreadingprogress Sat 24-Oct-09 12:33:33

I think you are worrying too much

Largely Britain is non-extremist and I don't think that will ever change to the extent of letting BNP into real governmental power. We tend to like the status quo too much. We're non revolutionary. Still have a useless monarchy, for instance, when most of Europe got revolutionary on that issue if nothing else.

Try not to read too much about it. The media always gives a skewed picture. Most people are reasonable and good. Don't worry for your kids smile

mrsboogie Sat 24-Oct-09 12:35:45

I know its shocking that they got so many votes but I would say that 90% of the people who vote for them have no real idea what they stand for and wouldn't support them if they did. It's a protest vote. A horrible stupid one but that is all it is in most cases. There can't be that many more people who are that stupid and ignorant can there?

ImSoNotTelling Sat 24-Oct-09 12:36:31

Most people in the UK are decent tolerant people (I keep telling myself).

Please try not to worry.

francaghostohollywood Sat 24-Oct-09 12:49:11

I think you shouldn't be worrying that much.
But always be on the look out.
20 yrs ago, when Lega Lombarda (right wing, openly racist party) appeared in Northern Italy, most people like me thought it was a bunch of lunatics.
Now we have them in the government coalition sad.

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 24-Oct-09 12:52:11

I think you're worrying too much. I have mixed race children and can't say it's been a concern that's crossed my mind. I just have the normal parenting worries that comes with having children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now