Talk

Advanced search

to think that if your DC are having a sleepover then sleep should be some part of the deal?

(14 Posts)
Vallhala Fri 23-Oct-09 00:06:31

DDs 12 and 14, still up, still watching some teen American movie with our unexpected but welcome sleepover guest (DD1s 14 yo pal).

Sleepover? I feel like ringing Trading Standards!

They are still chatting and giggling but I'm knackered!

Geocentric Fri 23-Oct-09 00:07:32

YABVVVU!!! grin
Sleep? At a SLEEPOVER????? grin grin

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 23-Oct-09 00:08:02

But you're not 12 and 14, Vallhala. Go to bed now, let them stay up late, you get a lie in tomorrow. Sounds like a good deal to me

Vallhala Fri 23-Oct-09 00:13:39

Bed Cristina???? DD1 and her pal are nicking my room, DD2 prefers her big sisters and I don't fancy DD2s high sleeper bed so mine is the sofa!

<slopes off to find a duvet>

Geocentric Fri 23-Oct-09 00:15:11

Tent at the bottom of the garden sounding good right now, I'll bet! grin

Vallhala Fri 23-Oct-09 00:22:33

So are the dog's beds in the kitchen (sneered at by the dogs unless I'm there too and there's food about - they prefer the sofas!).

Looks like its me, a Lab X and a GSD on one sofa again tonight (eventually), with the cats on the other!

Geocentric Fri 23-Oct-09 00:27:34

Ah well, at least you'll be cosy!

Vallhala Fri 23-Oct-09 00:41:38

Oh great! They've gone up to bed now. After a reminder to quieten down and a round of goodnights it went quiet....

Then a little voice came down the stairs...

"Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!"

Joined by another...

"Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!"

To the 40-something friend of mine (childless of course!) who did her recent impersination of Monty Python's Knights Who Say Ni, compelete with most impressive bouncing around in circles, and who reminded my girls of this much loved film... thanks a bunch matey... you wait til I catch up with you!

Geocentric Fri 23-Oct-09 00:43:55

Maybe you can get her to fetch you a shrubbery! grin

Quattrocento Fri 23-Oct-09 00:45:16

I love it when totally naive people start posting

What next? The big "Gosh the earth is round!" discovery?

Vallhala Fri 23-Oct-09 00:48:20

Nooooo Quattro! Is it?

Well I never!

Geocentric Fri 23-Oct-09 00:54:08

Vallhala, just been reading your update on your other thread... Bless you, sounds like your guest is having a nice time! Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight!!

Vallhala Fri 23-Oct-09 01:03:37

Ah cheers Geocentric!

Its a bit hard insofar as this is a dull town (in the nice but dull sense) and the girls are off of school as of today for half term hence the late night. I'm car-less and without a great many funds so am wondering what the hell to do with them for the next couple of days BUT our guest is a lovely kid, polite, chatty, fun and friendly and its a pleasure to have her here.

I could be a lot worse!

Vallhala Fri 23-Oct-09 01:04:43

Or it could be a lot worse, even!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now