Talk

Advanced search

to stamp my feet and wail like a toddler

(6 Posts)
OrmIrian Thu 22-Oct-09 16:16:56

because I want a 2-week holiday without my kids too?

Colleague has just gone home. He's getting married on Sunday and then off for a 2 week honeymoon in Egypt. And I am soooo jealous!

Pathetic!

But I have done nothing but work, cook, clean, and be mummy for 12 long years and I'm tired of being Cinderella. When DH and I got wed he was at university and we couldn't afford a honeymoon. We had one night in a hotel - the bath was filthy and they forgot our breakfast in bed.

I would just love 2 weeks of no kids, no housework, no-one to please but me (or yeah and DH hmm).

And I've never been to Egypt <sulk> Inspite of studying archaeology.

sowhatis Thu 22-Oct-09 16:19:52

No, YANBU, but LOL!!!

Can you look into booking a break for you and dh for an anniversary treat?

x

OrmIrian Thu 22-Oct-09 16:21:01

I don't want a measly long weekend though. I want the full bloody works. 2 weeks or nothing. Am not prepared to relinquish my self-pity for anything less than 2 weeks!

hanaboo Thu 22-Oct-09 16:21:19

awwww, can u not have a honeymoon now?
of course u can have holiday without the kids (if u have childcare for them) or is this not possible, which is why u are tantruming? grin
anyway, i feel your pain

OrmIrian Thu 22-Oct-09 16:23:33

hana - I have 3. The older 2 could go somewhere - they are easy-going and have plenty of friends who'd have 'em(although 2 weeks is stretching it a bit ). But DS#2 - I think anyone who had him for 2 weeks would want their own holiday afterwards.

Anyway can't afford right now.

OrmIrian Thu 22-Oct-09 16:37:09

BTW. Thanks for not giving me a slap everyone.

I think I may have PMT because I am feeling very very sorry for myself indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now