Talk

Advanced search

For hiding the TV remote?

(10 Posts)
DanniMcanny Thu 22-Oct-09 15:04:37

Last night me and DH had a massive bust up over the TV. Im not a regular watcher of TV but there are certain thinks I do like to watch. So last night, I wanted to watch The Penguins of Madagascar and he wanted to watch SpongeBob. It ended in a massive row where he stormed out and said he didn't know if he loved me as much as he used to.

Tonight I'm thinking we should go without a TV at all and so Im thinking of hiding the remote.

AIBU?

claw3 Thu 22-Oct-09 15:08:34

I would skip hiding the remote and just throw the TV away if you are having massive rows about SpongeBob.

BlueBumedFly Thu 22-Oct-09 15:10:03

YANBU. We have 'no TV / No internet / No video games' nights, if we didn't we would be divorced for sure!

Sounds like he over-reacted a bit though over SBSP..... ?

Hulababy Thu 22-Oct-09 15:12:37

He completely over reacted.

But rather than hide the remote I think you both need to sit down, TV off, and discuss his comments that accompanied his over reaction.

MadreInglese Thu 22-Oct-09 15:14:13

I'm guessing there are bigger issues here if you can barny about SpongeBob

claw3 Thu 22-Oct-09 15:16:29

How old is your dh? Come to think of it, how old are you?

pjmama Thu 22-Oct-09 15:20:20

So... a grown man was demanding to watch Spongebob and having a tantrum about it?

You have to be taking the piss....?

shockers Thu 22-Oct-09 15:20:50

I wasn't sure if this was a windup hmm

AMumInScotland Thu 22-Oct-09 15:21:39

Infantile quarrel, infantile way of dealing with it. Hiding the remote is not a grown-up way to deal with relationship issues.

If the two of you can't manage to reach sensible compromises on such trivial issues, then maybe you shoul both spend some time apart and grow up a bit before you attempt relationships.

sockmonkey Thu 22-Oct-09 15:22:32

I think Sky+ is the answer. Record one while you watch the other.
It works for arguements here... between the 6 & 4 year olds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now