Talk

Advanced search

in pouring myself

(32 Posts)
Twintummy Tue 20-Oct-09 19:16:19

a HUGE glass of vino despite vowing to not drink this week grin

Hellish day started at 4.30am by my not so darling twin's. Thought school would make them more tired not hyper. They woke DD up too so very early start.

Had work meeting despite it being my day off which was a nightmare (my fault blush).

Done a weeks worth of cleaning but house looks no different. Car failed MOT.

Picked up DCs from school and one twin has cut a massive chunk of his fringe off and it's their first school photo tomorrow angry grin

Cheers.

ChilloHippi Tue 20-Oct-09 19:18:38

YANBU. I am going to do the same as soon as DS is in bed.

Lilyloooohhhh Tue 20-Oct-09 19:20:08

enjoy wish i had some in !!!

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:20:47

Oh sounds like your day topped mine!

I'm drinking a v nice glass of sauvignon despite it being 1st day of the diet. And about to eat a monster sized pizza. Sometimes comfort eating is the only way to get through it.

(The massive chunk of fringe will be funny in future years, are they identical? he might want to look different!)

I know what you mean about cleaning. I've been there. I did a monster stressful waitrose shop with 4mth teething grumpster which was a military tactical operation but as we were whizzing round I didn't get enough fresh bits (I started at the heavy cleaning products/drinks/baby things that I hate carrying from local shops) so cupboards feel like I didn't really shop at all!

cupcake123 Tue 20-Oct-09 19:21:41

I might have one too then. I was mulling over the idea of being booze free this week but my job is getting me down really badly at the moment and my wee smells weird and I can't figure out why.

Obviously, wine will solve all of these issues. So cheers!

chosenone Tue 20-Oct-09 19:28:06

I read this and thought sod it! Im having a can of lager though. Had a shite time today, feel stressed so a lager will chill me out, trouble is I also had a yorkie today! Bad but sometimes much needed!

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:29:05

Chilli - very restrained, when the day has been this bad I feel like getting the wine going at bath time...

Lilyloo - chink chink to cyber wine (much better for health and waistline)

Cupcake- wee? hmmm... is this a whole new thread on it's own. Want to discuss or want to ignore?

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:29:54

Chosenone - go for it, my glass of wine is making me much nicer to DH which is a good thing.

cupcake123 Tue 20-Oct-09 19:31:37

facebookaddict - I was thinking about starting a thread about it but I don't know, I'm just not sure if there's any point (apart from comedy value)...

Twintummy Tue 20-Oct-09 19:33:09

Facebookaddict - yes identical. It looks hilarious. I even took him to the hairdresser after school but she couldn't improve it. At least grandparens will know which one is which for once grin

Cupcake - wee? what's the smell?

I feel better already. The restorative powers of white wine. Might even smile at DH when he gets in.

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:36:13

White wine made me v nice to DH despite wanting to strangle him every day for 4 mths (since DD, no2 DC arrived).

Cupcake - discuss here and if we can't help then go public! What weird smell and is it funny colour or hurting? Are you on antibiotics, eating asparagus or having sex with someone very strange?

(okay you'll not want to discuss with me now, I'm too nosy)

cupcake123 Tue 20-Oct-09 19:36:48

It's frozen chicken defrosting in a microwave.

I swear to God.

Twintummy Tue 20-Oct-09 19:38:19

Mmmmm. Cupcake I think you should get yourself to your GP tomorrow. Although I scared myself earlier. Did a wee and the colour was scary until I remembered I had a Berroca with my breakfast..

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:39:22

Twintummy - how old are twins? At least one of them will look like they did yesterday (and how they will be in your memory) and hair does grow back....

my cousin (when 3), gave her sister a 1yr old birthday present of a haircut (only one side however) with a pair of kitchen sissors when parents were in bed. the cousin who's hair was chopped was a properly blonde shirley temple stunner although all her 1st bday photos suggest otherwise as she had to be practically shaved to even it out!

pooexplosions Tue 20-Oct-09 19:39:23

I've got a glass of sauvignon blanc that I could put my head in. And after the day I had, I might ust do that, see if I drown.
Lets just say my username was most accurate today. In argos. 2 year old so thoroughly destroyed himself (and the floor) that I seriously considered disowning him and leaving him there in the trolly with his 2 brothers, one (5yrs) pestering me for a Ben 10 Wii game and the other (3wks) screaming cos he hadn't been fed in 12 mins.

Can you mix gin into wine?

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:40:34

Cupcake - have you wiped the wrong way perhaps... def go to GP. Simple course of antibs rather than wait for UTI or kidney infection.

cupcake123 Tue 20-Oct-09 19:41:58

Yeah, you're right Twintummy. I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning. It started (very suddenly) a couple of months ago, but no other symptoms at all; after about 3 weeks I started to get a bit concerned so I went to the doctor and she said it was probably nothing (did a dip test and no sign of UTI). But I am fed up with it now and I really want to know what's causing it.

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:42:17

Pooex - how traumatic. Mostly to have a 3week old and having to leave the house with 2 others and no help. I know 3rd time you are supposed to be professional but honestly that is quite ambitious.
Cheers!

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:43:43

Cupcake - months, how worrying for you. follow instincts not GP advice, I swear it's like an NHS obstacle course, only those who pick themselves up and try again and again get to the final goal of help and perscription.

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:45:53

Twintummy - love your name but afraid I think you should sign it over to me. I didn't actually have twins, I just look like I'm still carrying some. Anyone know how you can lose 2 stone (min) in 3 hours before I get undressed and remember that I was supposed to start diet today?

Twintummy Tue 20-Oct-09 19:46:18

Pooexplosions - I'd have been tempted to leave all 3 and run for the hills. Definitely a Valium moment.

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:46:22

where has everyone gone? drinking alone is terribly sad!

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:46:49

Ah, not alone...

Twintummy Tue 20-Oct-09 19:47:47

Facebookaddict - get very drunk and let your beer googles kick in before you look in mirror.

facebookaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 19:49:11

Great advice. How can I get my DH some beer googles... (far less stressful day, hence not binge drinking on a Tuesday!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now