Talk

Advanced search

To expect Dh to actually give a toss that it's my 40th birthday tomorrow?

(19 Posts)
Spottyotter Mon 19-Oct-09 20:37:50

Been told there won't be a present as we are skint(finds money for gambling though) went out with Ds to get me a card today with a face like thunder, had to arrange my own party with no help or enthusiasm from him, both working tomorrow, him all day so I am on my own all tomorrow night, and am feeling bloody sorry for myself. Make me feel better.

Drooper Mon 19-Oct-09 20:41:39

That's really crap of your DH. Is he always this thoughtless?

Anyway, I expect your DS will help you enjoy the day (how old is he?)

Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

ZZZenAgain Mon 19-Oct-09 20:43:37

how did you celebrate his last birthday?

fandango75 Mon 19-Oct-09 20:52:26

silly wanker (him not you). happy birthday smile

Spottyotter Mon 19-Oct-09 20:56:45

Is usually not so good at presents, surprises, etc, but his generall crapness has exceeded even his standards this year!
I made a fuss of him on his last one, as I always do, wrapped presents from me and little things from
DS , went out for dinner, did nice things all day.

Don't care about grand gestures, just something that shows me he cares.

bloodredcherrymonster Mon 19-Oct-09 20:58:20

YANBU AT ALL, IN FACT I WOULD EXPECT HIM TO DO SOMETHING EVEN IF ITS ONLY BREAKFAST IN BED AND A SMALL BUNCH OF FLOWERS! angry

squeaver Mon 19-Oct-09 20:58:23

Congratulations on your birthday

Commiserations on your tosser husband.

ZZZenAgain Mon 19-Oct-09 20:58:33

I don't mind grand gestures myself

So he will be out all day and night which is brilliant for starters but if it's job I suppose it can't be helped. Why don't you postpone celebrating it till Saturday so he can be fresh, have some time and energy to put into it.

Can you arrange something nice for yourself for tomorrow though?

Hassled Mon 19-Oct-09 21:02:16

That's just shockingly shite and there are no excuses whatsoever. I'm sorry - do what you can to make tomorrow night a good one.

Monkeygirl69 Mon 19-Oct-09 21:03:23

Go and book yourself in to a spa and tell him that's his present to you. That's what I'll be doing if my husband ignores mine.

SlackSally Mon 19-Oct-09 23:46:07

Aw, it's my birthday tomorrow as well. Admittedly not such a special one (23), but I feel like it's a waste of time. I'll be at uni, DP at work (where he'll find out for certain he's being made redundant), then I'll have loads of work to do in the evening.

And I'm going through some really shitty personal stuff at the moment which is rightly, but completely, overshadowing the fact that it's my birthday.

Try not to focus on the actual day and pick another day to do whatever it is that will make you most happy. Seeing a show, beauty treatment, new book, whatever it is.

Happy birthday, birthday twin!
x

ninagleams Mon 19-Oct-09 23:53:57

Don't get him anything for christmas?

Spottyotter Tue 20-Oct-09 07:44:20

Happy birthday slacksally! We should have a joint mumsnet birthday party tonight, they all love a good party on here.

oopsiedoopsie Tue 20-Oct-09 07:48:47

unless hes actually planning something as a surprise?
maybe? I a remote possibility I suppose.
what a wanker he would be then eh

LaurieScaryCake Tue 20-Oct-09 08:25:12

If your dh 'finds money for gambling' when you are skint you have bigger problems than him not celebrating your birthday.

I would expect a whole months gambling money coming my way for my birthday.

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 20-Oct-09 08:40:11

Go out for the evening with a girlfriend or two then. Celebrate it without him.

Floopy21 Tue 20-Oct-09 09:27:33

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope it's better than expected! smile

Drooper Tue 20-Oct-09 18:29:11

Happy Birthday smile

Twintummy Tue 20-Oct-09 18:34:42

Happy birthday!

When DH forgot my birthday last year, I went shopping with his credit card and got myself a rather fab present. More than made up for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now