Talk

Advanced search

to think a dead mouse in the lunchboxes is a problem?

(4 Posts)
auntyitaly Mon 19-Oct-09 14:28:07

So I'm rivered by a new series of Times rants by a mum who is writing about her kids’ local primary. It sounds pretty dreadful – jobsworth idle staff, killjoy head, broken windows, etc etc.

This week’s episode – which apparently is all true – carries even worse accusations

Why did I read it at lunch? Bleaeargh – are most primaries like this? I'm so worried for my babes....

laundryismylife Mon 19-Oct-09 14:54:18

Rest assured, auntyitaly, I don't think most primaries are like this. I wonder which one it could be...

auntyitaly Mon 19-Oct-09 17:37:07

I am so dismayed that a school can be this hopeless - has anyone else had examples of this lame-o (as my DN would say) carrying on?

I suppose the only plus is that Julia isn't complaining about little Kylie/Jason in year 6 carrying a knife in their pencil cases. But how good can the educational standards be at a place like that?

Or am I (and Julia) being too middle-class and pernickety?

Sometimes I think I don't wear the Boden wellies, but maybe I've still got a bourgeois stick-in-the-mud aherence to cleanliness, politeness, etc. Oh woe - am I being a middle-class moaner?

laundryismylife Mon 19-Oct-09 20:25:41

I think you can still care about standards auntyitaly whether or not you are fully Bodened up. I don't believe the middle classes have got a monopoly on finding dead vermin in food storage areas a bit stomach churning grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now