Talk

Advanced search

In thinking this woman was a cheeky mare?

(56 Posts)
Kerrymumbles Sun 18-Oct-09 23:06:07

ds2 had his birthday party today. He wanted lazer tag party. 16 euro a head shock ffs.

Anyway one of his friends shows up and his mum tells me she also signed his brother in. hmm His older brother who was NOT invited. Now I don't know this mum other than to see her at the school but ffs what was I going to say? the child was already signed in and away playing.

Then we get home and there is no present from the child, just a card. Not even a fiver or anything.

Tortington Sun 18-Oct-09 23:07:06

v cheeky

cornsilk Sun 18-Oct-09 23:07:17

so she expected you to pay for her other child as well? shock

Kerrymumbles Sun 18-Oct-09 23:07:58

yep? who i didn't even KNOW!

Kerrymumbles Sun 18-Oct-09 23:08:13

i mean yep!!

cornsilk Sun 18-Oct-09 23:09:07

cheeky fecker!

Twintummy Sun 18-Oct-09 23:10:07

Blimey. Cheeky bint. How rude.

HellBent Sun 18-Oct-09 23:11:28

Very cheeky! DD and DS go to loads of parties but I always inform the mum if DD/DS will be coming as extra and I will pay for them if its at soft play etc. I think it is lovely when they both get party bags and I do this for other siblings when my two have a party, I would never expect it. But this woman is just rude!

JustAnotherManicMummy Sun 18-Oct-09 23:12:18

Perhaps you could send her an invoice for the uninvited child?

Did she send a present for her invited child and maybe think that would cover the both of them?

claw3 Sun 18-Oct-09 23:14:26

Make sure you are waiting at the school gates for her tomorrow and invite yourself to hers for a coffee.

Kerrymumbles Sun 18-Oct-09 23:15:04

No. That's the thing. No present AT ALL! Not from invited child either!

Kerrymumbles Sun 18-Oct-09 23:15:16

No. That's the thing. No present AT ALL! Not from invited child either!

JustAnotherManicMummy Sun 18-Oct-09 23:16:18

What a cheap-skate. You should definitely send her a bill.

Kerrymumbles Sun 18-Oct-09 23:17:44

I let the sibling thing pass because ds2 told me that his friend (the invited child) never got to go to parties (he just wasn't allowed for some reason or something and I thought well maybe it's religious thing or something) so i felt bad for the kid and figured same was for his brother but then when we got home and a card with no pressie I was a bit fucking annoyed.

I suppose we should be thankful we got a card.

Either event on it's own I suppose I would have just shrugged off but both of them together got me a bit miffed.

Kerrymumbles Mon 19-Oct-09 10:00:41

and poor ds2 I told him he could have a party or a present for his birthday and he chose the party and while he's rather dissappointed as he didn't get many pressies, mostly just money and I'm trying to tell him that he can use it to buy something he wants but he's a bit sad

biggirlsdontcry Mon 19-Oct-09 10:12:46

hi kerry , yanbu - she is a cheeky cow imo sounds like she got free childcare out of you tbh , take your ds over to smyths & he can spend his birthday money , that should cheer him up smile ,

thesecondcoming Mon 19-Oct-09 10:17:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheDevilsKnickers0nMaHead Mon 19-Oct-09 10:18:20

Cheeky bitch!

upahill Mon 19-Oct-09 10:21:48

I would be fuming!!!!
I thought it was bad enough on Friday when it was my DS 10th birthday. His friends mum sort of forced me into a corner to pick child up and take them to pictures/ restaraunt. No card No present. And then GET THIS!! My DH drops child off at 9.30p.m. No answer for ages until her 12 year old daughter answers the door. Mum and daughter had both gone to bed!! The child is 9!! I don't get it. (No she hasn't to get up early next day, No she wasn't expecting the child to sleep at mine, she said 'so you'll drop him off then, No I wasn't paticulaly late back, she could roughly guess what time we were going to be back from time due at cinema and time at the restaraunt. She could have always texted if it was getting late and pick him up herself. (Sorry bit of a mad rant there, now, whre was I.....)
Yes OP, the women was cheeky. No I take that back. She was god damm rude!

louii Mon 19-Oct-09 10:25:15

I would corner her and say that you assume she forgot to give you the money for the other child, cheeky bint.

Also quite shocked at other poster who lets her other child go to parties they are not invited to, very rude regardless if you pay them in or not.

stealthsquiggle Mon 19-Oct-09 10:30:51

I wouldn't have an issue with someone signing in another child and paying for them - as long as they then stick around and take them off for food (which they pay for) when it comes time for tea, etc (assuming that is included in party package) - because at that point they just happen to be in the same (open to the public) play facility at the same time - they are not gate-crashing the party.

Kerry she is absolutely being a cheeky mare and I too think you should corner her and 'remind' her that she 'forgot' to give you the money for the extra child (say you hadn't realised until later that she hadn't paid at the time).

mustrunmore Mon 19-Oct-09 10:35:11

I agree its shock

But with regard to a sibling accompanying another to a soft play party, I dont see why some of you are up in arms. ds2 had to do this recently, what else was I supposed to do with him? I paid his entrance and food, and its not as if you get the place to yourself for a party anyway, so what's the difference? Lots of people do it with siblings. I dont want ds1 to miss parties because he has a brother, and vice versa. But when there's nowhere to leave the uninvited one, whats the other option? Yes, ds1 could go in with a mate, but its a huge soft play, and its a bit unfair to expect another parent to be responsible for him when you cant see the whole playframe etc. I wouldnt expect the uninvited one to get a party bag or anything.

TheDemonicButDandyLioness Mon 19-Oct-09 10:42:15

YANBU.

I hate people getting away with things just because they have the gall to take advantage.

So I would go up to her and I say, you're very sorry, it's embarrassing, but there's obvioulsy been a misunderstanding. When she said she'd signed her eldest son in, you assumed she'd paid for him, and she obviously hadn't realised wink that you had to pay per head rather than a set sum for the party. Say you budgeted very tightly for the party - it was your DS's present, he hot no others from you - and you hadn't budgeted for uninvited silings. Therefore, you'd like the money for him please.

charleymouse Mon 19-Oct-09 10:51:59

Sometimes you can get exclusive hire of soft play venues depending on numbers.

DDs last party was an exclusive hire and 2 parents turned up with older uninvited siblings. They offered to pay but it was not necessary as we had already paid for exclusive hire of the place. When it came to sitting down and eating they would have been the only two left outside the party tea room. Obviously we included them and arranged a quick rejig re party bags as I hate to see kids left out but if the parents had just run it by me prior to arrival I would have agreed and it would not have felt awkward for anyone. A few parents by prior arrangement brought younger siblings which I think is a lot more acceptable (especially babes in arms who do not even eat I do not even count them).

In both cases both parents attended so there should have been IMO no issue re chidcare so why do it when they were not invited. Soft play does not mean free for all.

I have taken uninvited DS to parties when childcare has been an issue but have always agreed it with hosts previously. Very rude to turn up and expect to get in whatever the venue in my opinion.

ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 19-Oct-09 10:55:49

DD (3) has been invited to a party for a boy at pre school. It's at a soft play center, and I asked the mom if DS could come (19 months) and she said, 'no, it's only for 10 children...'

Fair enough. Her party. her rules.

Best to ask, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now