Talk

Advanced search

to have wanted to shout at this silly woman for possibly setting her grandaughter up for eating disorders?

(4 Posts)
fedupintheoffice Sun 18-Oct-09 18:53:56

i was on the bus yesterday and 2 girls, aged approx 12 and 8 were sat behind me with a woman who looked to be in her 50's who they called Gran. I could hear their conversation and somehow it went to how 'Evie', the youngest one (aged about 8ish) had really fat legs, how podgy she was, and how she must really go on a diet to slim her fat legs down. This was all said by the grandmother (not jokingly) while I sat there with my mouth wide open. The children and Gran got off before me and I saw that 'Evie' definately was not fat by any means, just maybe carried a little puppy fat as many kids do. AIBU to think this stupid woman just shut up his horrible mouth and think before she puts ideas in her grandchildrens minds?

AnyFuleKno Sun 18-Oct-09 18:56:55

YANBU. How deeply unpleasant, that poor girl must have been dying inside knowing that everyone on the bus could hear. It would have been brilliant for you to have told this woman off.

lolapoppins Sun 18-Oct-09 19:05:47

Nasty. I used to get the same all the time while growing up from on of my much older half sisters. It really hurts and is so humiliating. Poor little girl.

carocaro Sun 18-Oct-09 19:10:01

YANBU

I had to tell of MIL for telling me not to say BIG in any context to my son as it would give him an eating disorder. No I said, it gave you and eating disorder. This was all in front of him. Silly woman.

All I had said was that he was a big, as in tall, as the Lego tower he had built.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now