Talk

Advanced search

For being annoyed at DP wanting me to buy him clothes?

(29 Posts)
ThreeEars Sun 18-Oct-09 01:34:43

Before me and DP got together I booked a holiday to America for me and the kids. I later moved in with DP and his son but he said he understood that the holiday needed to go ahead and he supported it.

So before I went he asked if I'd be bringing anything back for his son. I said of course but then he started laying down all these demands like saying "it can't have anything to do with america, orlando or florida on it. Nothing from sea world or disney world as that's just like rubbing his nose in it because he didn't go... etc etc " hmm

So when I got there I couldn't find anything that didn't say florida or orlando on it. I ended up getting him a beach towel and something from the m&m world.

DP also made it clear that he expected a present but that he didn't want anything with "orlando splashed all over it" angry I looked around and couldn't find anything that wasn't cheap 'made in china' tourist rubbish. I was short of money anyway, down to $100 dollars by the time we went to the mall so I assumed he would understand if I just brought something back for his DS.

Anyway, he doesn't understand. He says it shows I don't care and that buying stuff for people shows affection ... and I show none. He also suggested that we go into town and I can buy him some clothes here since I never got them in america.

I'm really pissed off. I'm walking around in clothes that don't fit, are old and raggy ... and he wants me to buy HIM new clothes.

AIBU? my argument is that as an adult he should understand that personal "gifts and presents" are not that important and that I'm trying to save up for a nice christmas for us and a holiday which we can ALL go on.

AIBU because I didn't buy him anything on holiday and because I'm refusing to make it up now that I'm back in England?

MsSpentYouth Sun 18-Oct-09 01:42:31

Sounds a bit of an arse tbh. How long have you been together?

JustAnotherManicMummy Sun 18-Oct-09 02:02:56

Why are you with him? He sounds very childish.

Hando Sun 18-Oct-09 02:56:39

How odd. Do you really wnat to be with this man? Why would his son be upset that he didn't go on a prebooked holiday with his dads new girlfriend and her kids?

If Dp moaned at me like that I;d tell him to fuck off!

Also - Why are you walkinga round in clothes that don't fit and re old and raggy when you've just takent he kids to Florida? Surely wearable clothes take priority over luxury holidays? hmm

Devendra Sun 18-Oct-09 07:14:28

Buy him a t-shirt with 'I am a twat' on the front.

sunnydelight Sun 18-Oct-09 07:34:30

Do you reaslly need this man in your life? Tell him to grow up now or you're moving straight back out again. What an idiot!

Georgimama Sun 18-Oct-09 07:55:14

What Hando said. Priorities seem skewed on both sides.

andgodcreatedwoman Sun 18-Oct-09 08:12:08

Do what Devendra said. grin

andgodcreatedwoman Sun 18-Oct-09 08:12:52

bugger. grin

nighbynight Sun 18-Oct-09 08:50:59

I would re-think the relationship tbh - that is unreasonable.

agedknees Sun 18-Oct-09 08:56:10

He needs to grow up. Buy him nothing.

Firawla Sun 18-Oct-09 10:22:43

he sounds pathetic, and yanbu

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Sun 18-Oct-09 10:26:38

He sounds an idiot - why are you with him?

diddl Sun 18-Oct-09 10:29:43

Oh FGS!

Leave him!!

Buying presents shows affection!

Not in an adult world it doesn´t!

And what does demanding a present & dictating what it should be say about him?-sad twät?

Devendra Sun 18-Oct-09 10:34:43

He sounds like the guinea pig man.. OP style is quite distinctive.

RealityBites Sun 18-Oct-09 10:41:11

Message withdrawn

hercules1 Sun 18-Oct-09 10:46:37

I don't understand why you were going on holiday if you have so little money??
I can understand him being annoyed if it were a long term thing and the money had come out of the family income and when you returned there was no money in the pot left.
However he sounds like an arse.

CyradisTheSeer Sun 18-Oct-09 10:50:40

Message withdrawn

LaurieScaryCake Sun 18-Oct-09 11:55:57

Nice first and only post.

ScaryFucker Sun 18-Oct-09 12:05:20

hmm

you should really try to change your posting style or you are never going to succeed in doing a proper wind-up

JustAnotherManicMummy Sun 18-Oct-09 13:57:19

What was the guinea pig man? I am intrigued...

Devendra Sun 18-Oct-09 14:48:14

Guinea pig man- OP says she moved in with him despite him being a complete and utter tosser towards her and her 2 DS's. He made her throw away all her furniture, critisised her appearance, shouted at her kids, has a weird relationship (abusive) with his own daughter... I remember one of OP posts about them getting baby guinea pigs and her DP shouting at her kids for tring to get close and look at them. He sounds a complete twat.. OP posts a long and detailed story... people respond by saying 'leave the bastard' and OP never comes back. She has not posted for a while... I think its mrssnape but I could be way out... its all the references to martial arts!

JustAnotherManicMummy Sun 18-Oct-09 14:53:46

Thanks Devendra. I noticed the OP had not been back. smile

ScaryFucker Sun 18-Oct-09 15:21:51

was there some twattage about which bedrooms the dc were going to have when she moved in, too ?

and summat else about pot-towels ?

general fuckwittery by the bloke etc that Op kept asking for advice about at each stage of their developing r'ship, not taking any of it and then doing a disappearing act...

BiteOfFun Sun 18-Oct-09 15:23:25

mrssnape, of course! <hits forehead>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now