Talk

Advanced search

To want to hunt down and kill the fucker who stole my bag today?

(68 Posts)
glastocat Sat 17-Oct-09 22:25:54

Fuck sake.

New leather bag, new leather purse, sat nav, nintendo dsi, ?100, mp3 player, make up bag, new kids glasses (picked up today!), ebook, phone, driving license, debit/credit cards. Cunting fucksticks. angry

AND I can't find the home insurance docs to make sure I'm covered. Head is wrecked and I can't make head nor tail of the online policy booklet. AND cunting bastard useless bank aren't able to tell me if my debit card has been used until Monday. Cuntsangry

LaurieScaryCake Sat 17-Oct-09 22:30:20

bloody hell shock that is a lot to lose.

Poor you and where the hell where you so I can avoid it.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Sat 17-Oct-09 22:30:21

Poor you!!! I take it you're a bit pissed off?? grin

Have a large bottle glass of wine (or 2!), go to bed, and hopefully you'll feel a bit better and more able to get your head around this in the morning.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Sat 17-Oct-09 22:32:07

Are you sure it was a bag and not a suitcase ??!! grin. That sure is a lot of stuff to lose.

PeachesMcLean Sat 17-Oct-09 22:32:27

Oh it's a horrid feeling.

That's a lot of stuff to have in your bag.

What happened?

Drooper Sat 17-Oct-09 22:34:59

YANBU
You must have a big bag.

What happened- were you mugged? Did you get a look at who did it?

WartoScreamo Sat 17-Oct-09 22:36:42

This is my WORST nightmare! I've had my purse nicked on the tram before and that made me cry. My bag could have all that stuff in from time to time. I have one with a long strap that goes over my body for that very reason. I'm very sad and angry for you!

glastocat Sat 17-Oct-09 22:36:50

I was in the park, little glasto was playing on the swings. The bag was beside me on the bench. sad. The only bloody thing that wasn't in it was MY nintendo. angry

Sprog is upset because he had nearly finished his game on the nintendo. sad

BASTARDS. angry

glastocat Sat 17-Oct-09 22:43:16

It was a lovely bag. That's what upsets me most. We went on holiday last month to Turkey, our first big holiday in years. We went because my dad died suddenly in Feb and left me some money. When we were there I spotted a gorgeous fake Mulberry bag. My husband talked me into treating myself because it was expensive. I looked at it every day for a week, and haggled until I got it for 100 euro. And those fuckers nicked it. angry

LaurieScaryCake Sat 17-Oct-09 22:44:43

they probably nicked it cos your fake bag looked real

glastocat Sat 17-Oct-09 22:46:40

I know. Back to Penney's bags for me. sad

Haunty27 Sat 17-Oct-09 22:47:08

angryangryangryangryangry

Had mine nicked at Xmas last year too.

It's a hard pill to swallow.

You have to get sort of philosophical and rational blah blah but yeah YANBU

angry

scottishmummy Sat 17-Oct-09 22:48:37

dearie me!sorry to hear that.shit lot to lose

glastocat Sat 17-Oct-09 22:49:17

And I have just opened a second bottle of wine, I swear it isn't even touching the sides. angry

scottishmummy Sat 17-Oct-09 22:50:29

yep get a bevvy down you.

Haunty27 Sat 17-Oct-09 22:52:22

Commiserations but <chink>.

angry

Jamieandhismagictorch Sat 17-Oct-09 22:53:51

Fuckers. I know how you feel.

A few years back, my bag was stolen in a cafe when me and DH were out for the first time on our own after birth of DS2.

This dodgy-looking couple came in and sat behind us,. They left without ordering and about 5 minutes later I realised they'd taken my bag.

I phoned my bank and they told me that they'd just used my card across the road in Sainsbo's so I insisted we go and follow them. The security guard there even remembered seeing them when I described them. I was feeling like Clint Eastwood by this time, and went into every shop along the road. They'd also been into Whistles. We never tracked them down but I was so so angry (and felt foolish for making it so easy for them).

Fuckers

scottishmummy Sat 17-Oct-09 22:58:59

my bank called me and asked if i was in Lidl,some bampot had dipped my bag taken card

i didnt even know it was missing.bank was vigilant they knew something was amiss. fortunately they blocked they transaction

Jamieandhismagictorch Sat 17-Oct-09 23:00:39

scottish Why was your bank suspicious ? Is it because you are normally a Waitrose lady ? grin

gingerbunny Sat 17-Oct-09 23:04:52

how awful. I would be gutted if someone took my bag, it has my life in it. it's not just the bag going, it's all the extra hassle that goes with it.
this happened to my Mum last year, the little fuckers pulled up next to her in a car and she was dragged along the road as they grabbed her bag. she was more upset that they had her phone with all her pics on and her diary with all the funny little things my ds had said and done written in it, than the fact that she was injured.
I HOPE THE WINE IS HELPING.

kitkatcadaverqueen Sat 17-Oct-09 23:05:22

Thats really shitty glasto, sorry its happened to you. Is your bag unusual for the uk? I was thinking that if you got it in turkey then it wouldn't be that common over here - would it be worth doing a local search on ebay to see if the theiving B***ds are trying to sell it?

Probably a daft idea, but if you did come across someone selling one locally who also happened to have some of the other items....

Have you called the police too by the way? Oh and did you have a barclaycard in there? or any of the credit cards that have extra protection on them?

aristoBLACKcat Sat 17-Oct-09 23:05:27

Poor you shock

Had my bag stolen whilst at work many years ago and it is awful
Have another drink

scottishmummy Sat 17-Oct-09 23:07:36

LOL im a fortnam and mason burd,was because it was outwith my norm spending and didnt fit the profile.apparently bank keep profile of client spendings

Frizbe Sat 17-Oct-09 23:08:37

hugs, I had mine taken from a friends house in the early morning a few years ago (burglers watching the new house party) tis not good or nice sad hope you get all cards stopped by bank, etc {{{Hugs}}}

ConnieComplaint Sat 17-Oct-09 23:10:07

Did you call the police?

If so, do you have a local newspaper?? Maybe there's a chance the police will pass the description of the bag onto the local paper?

If not, call the paper yourself - maybe someone will have seen the mystery thief with your bag??

(I'm curious too as to why the bank was suspicious at a card being used in Lidl...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now