Talk

Advanced search

To think that the woman who reveiwed the mooncup as one of the top 5 insane products for woman doesn't know what she is talking about??

(48 Posts)
MsSpentYouth Sat 17-Oct-09 15:25:02

And even after loads of mooncup users have told her they are wrong she still insists they are and has accused the woman of being from the company...

here

honeybehappy Sat 17-Oct-09 15:31:23

shes an idiot.

MatNanPlus Sat 17-Oct-09 15:33:49

She is a nutter, mine has been a saver of clothing and my sanity

MsSpentYouth Sat 17-Oct-09 15:39:00

She hasn't even tried the product out fgs. I have left a comment but it is 'awaiting moderation' hmm

Arsed Sat 17-Oct-09 15:46:27

What a twat !

smokinaces Sat 17-Oct-09 16:46:26

I agree she should have tried it out before commenting, otherwise its not really a fair review is it?

I loved my mooncup, but have been banned from it by my GP after severe recurrant thrush which even a replacement didnt stop sad Seems I have a reaction to something in it, like I do certain condoms. So stuck with the old tampons again - and a bathroom cabinet fill to bursting with various sizes etc.

I know many people who have tried it, so to dislike it itself isnt unreasonable - but to dismiss it as insane without a trial is unreasonable.

smokinaces Sat 17-Oct-09 16:46:56

* meant to say I know many people who have tried it and not got on with it. Doh.

ProfYaffle Sat 17-Oct-09 16:52:16

Smokin - funnily enough I have the opposite, got recurrant thrush from tampons but stopped happening when I got the mooncup.

TheDevilEatsBabies Sat 17-Oct-09 16:53:20

msspentyouth: your comment's on there now and she's responded.
grin

muggglewump Sat 17-Oct-09 16:57:17

YANBU.

What's good about a wodge of cotton wool up your fanjo?, or a blood soaked mattress in your pants?

My mooncup also got rid of my thrush. I had it on and off for a good two years before I discovered the Mooncup.

Hulababy Sat 17-Oct-09 17:06:44

You can't review something you haven't tried!

Have used mine a year nearly now and never looked back. Has solved alsorts of issues!

BooingTheBestICan Sat 17-Oct-09 17:21:28

I bought my mooncup after reading about it on here & i honestly havent looked back,its fabulous for me & my sanity.

Saved me a small fortune in tampons etc & no more leakage to worry about.

Vigilanteawarenessraiser Sat 17-Oct-09 18:14:31

I've just posted (as Redsheep) pointing out that she is acting as if it's a 'medical fact that others should consider' that disposables don't increase pain, whereas that's never been tested - though anecdotal evidence suggests the opposite is true.

All three of my comments are 'awaiting moderation'.

Of all the stupid blog posts I have read, this one has to be among the worst for sheer unthinking ignorance.

SCARYspicemonster Sat 17-Oct-09 18:18:19

What's really bizarre is that there is an ad at the top of the page for natural menstruation products, including mooncups

She didn't respond to my point that it's insane to rubbish something that makes your periods free after your initial outlay. Funny that ... grin

TheFoosa Sat 17-Oct-09 18:28:57

don't know about mooncups, but i REALLY want one of those slimming masks....

teameric Sat 17-Oct-09 18:37:49

Hello I'm kind of new to MN and have never heard of mooncups before I read about them on here blush can someone enlighten me please smile

TerryWogansCock Sat 17-Oct-09 18:41:50

She is barking

I have ordered a slimming mask for halloween

MsSpentYouth Sat 17-Oct-09 21:01:15

I think yoli is also her... backing herself up...

Must be because anyone with the same opinion must be from the same place, right? wink

victoriascrumptious Sat 17-Oct-09 21:31:36

I have one of those slimming masks. I've lost 12lb from my nose alone!

MsSpentYouth Sun 18-Oct-09 20:07:51

Who is redsheep?

ImSoNotTelling Sun 18-Oct-09 20:26:08

teameric mooncups are wonderfully fabulous things that you use instead of tampon/pads when you have your period. You pop it up, it ctaches the blood, you empty it as often as needs be (tip down tiolet and rinse under tap). No smell, no expense every month, they don't leak, you can't feel them, no waste in the environment etc. It took me 2 periods to totally get the hang /knack but the first time I tried it I could tell it was brilliant.

The woman who wrote that article is a twat. I can't understand why mooncups aren't just the normal thing to use TBH

pippel Sun 18-Oct-09 20:32:52

"you make it go "poof" when you are done with it" hmm

where does she think it goes?

FromGirders Sun 18-Oct-09 20:33:49

Smokinaces - there is a whole "mooncupsnet" here menstrualcups.org/ - there may be suggestions about alternatives to the mooncup which might suit you? I know some are made of latex rather than silicone, but don't know much more than that (mooncup devotee) smile.

VictoriousSponge Sun 18-Oct-09 20:34:48

who gives a fuck
she is allowed to nOT like it surely

argento Sun 18-Oct-09 20:48:56

Her objections are a bit teenage hmm "Ewww, you have to touch your vagina and there's blood and tissue"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now