Talk

Advanced search

to be pee'd off with dh's moaning

(12 Posts)
pumpkinpasties Fri 16-Oct-09 17:14:07

our ds is 1 and hes a handful, I know this, but dh always moans when he has had to look after him or had him in the sling for one of his naps (not ideal I know but believe me its the best thing for him) it's 'oh my back hurts' 'oh i have such a headache' 'can you hear my knees creaking?' 'ow my elbow just locked'.....etc
the thing is, I've done this for over a year, and yes my body hurts, but I have not complained the whole time.
and I just feel like he likes to make me feel guilty about making him look after our ds while I mn relax!

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 16-Oct-09 17:17:53

Oh, tell him to get a grip. Or some painkillers. Or both.

Dh has - finally - managed to take both our dc's out on his own. Dd is nearly 8 months old. I didn't get the option not to do it - I just had to get on with it. It really irritates me when he witters on about how hard it is with both of them!

Still, at least your dh does do stuff - just zone out the whinging! wink

pumpkinpasties Fri 16-Oct-09 17:48:55

i must admit he is very good with ds, and around the ouse, he does the washing and ironing.
hes a sensitive sole so if i told he to get a grip it would upset and hurt his feelings, but i think i will try the get some pain killers smile

Boys2mam Fri 16-Oct-09 19:52:24

Erm, why DS sleeping in a sling at 1yr old?

pumpkinpasties Fri 16-Oct-09 20:41:44

he has cp, we find he has spasms if put down in his cot to sleep. no idea why, neither has consultant. he doesn't have them at any other time just when hes in his cot.

Boys2mam Fri 16-Oct-09 21:11:35

Forgive my ignorance blush, what is cp?

CharCharGabor Fri 16-Oct-09 21:17:43

DD still slept in a sling regularly at that age and she's nt. Just a rubbish sleeper. YANBU smile

pumpkinpasties Fri 16-Oct-09 21:20:26

sorry, cerebral palsy, he has tight leg muscles, which inhibits has moving. smile

ReneRusso Fri 16-Oct-09 21:20:27

cerebral palsy?

Boys2mam Fri 16-Oct-09 21:39:27

I thought blush

I am totally ignorant about this and have nothing of substance to offer.

I apologise for the uninformed judgement blush

pumpkinpasties Sat 17-Oct-09 12:45:55

no worries boys2mam smile

purepurple Sat 17-Oct-09 12:53:21

YANBU
My DH moans at everything
I just ignore him.
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now