Talk

Advanced search

Another Tamiflu thread! Help me decide, please

(4 Posts)
Jux Fri 16-Oct-09 12:14:12

I kept dd off school y'day because she had a bit of a fever and a cough; she's had a cough for a few days, and a bit of a sore throat. None of it too bad, mind you, and I'd have sent her in yesterday but her temperature was elevated (99.7).

When we rang the school they said there were a number of kids in her class off with the same sort of stuff.

Her temperature went up further last night - 100.9 at one point - so she's off again today. I've just received an e-mail from the school saying a number of kids have swine flu and pointing us to the National Pandemic Flu Service.

Well, I did the questionnaire and I've got a number and collection point for Tamiflu.

At the moment, dd is really not that bad. Her temperature is down to 99.9. Do I really have to give her Tamiflu?

TIA

bibbitybobbityCAT Fri 16-Oct-09 12:17:58

I wouldn't because I don't like the sound of the side effects. You don't HAVE to give her tamiflu. But I am only saying this because you think your dd doesn't seem terribly ill. And you know her best.

Morloth Fri 16-Oct-09 12:36:59

We did give DS (5) the Tamiflu but he was really ill with the flu throwing up diarrhoea, raging temps, listless etc. Didn't have a single side effect and it turned it around quite quickly.

Jux Fri 16-Oct-09 14:40:13

I think it's almost too late for her to take it anyway. They say you have to start it within 48hrs of symptoms showing; she's had mild cough, mild headache and mild sore throat for at least 4 days. If they're part of SF then it's too late, isn't it?

DH has just gone off to get it. Maybe the nurse handing it our will tell him something useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now