Talk

Advanced search

To take offensive at manager implying I shouldn't worry my pretty little head with the big boy decisions?

(8 Posts)
PeekABored Fri 16-Oct-09 11:18:09

So, went in for a KIT day the other day and when I showed concern about a decision that was being made that severely impacted my role, I was told by my manager (who really just didn't want to address it with me) not to worry about it and that my job at the moment was just to worry about my DS. AIBU to think that that response to my legitimate concern is really condescending and sexist and possibly illegal?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 16-Oct-09 11:49:19

What is a KIT?

inveteratenamechanger Fri 16-Oct-09 11:54:06

YANBU - what a prat.

ErikaMaye Fri 16-Oct-09 11:59:51

shock angry How damn rude!!!! Are you going to file a complaint..?

YANBU. I went in on a KIT (Keeping in touch day on a career break or maternity leave) day when there was a team meeting. As 'it doesn't really concern you' I was left to man the phones, and then never given notes or a copy of minutesangry twats.

Tangle Fri 16-Oct-09 12:13:55

YANBU - I'd try and find something from the government about why they introduced KIT in the first place, and ask him how his attitude corresponds...

HowlingAtTheMoon Fri 16-Oct-09 14:11:33

I would put your concerns in writing asking for a proper response and keep a copy or what you send and their response.

Patronising twat.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 16-Oct-09 14:13:18

Now I know what it is, I can overwhelmingly say YANBU in the slightest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now