Talk

Advanced search

to expect a very good friend would contribute to our wedding list?

(169 Posts)
Stellybelly Thu 15-Oct-09 21:40:19

Message withdrawn

halfcut Thu 15-Oct-09 21:41:46

hmm

CMOTdibbler Thu 15-Oct-09 21:43:08

hmm hmm

ScaryFucker Thu 15-Oct-09 21:43:15

hmm

next.....

ChunkyMonkeysMum Thu 15-Oct-09 21:43:27

No no no no no !!!! You cannot say anything.
Although I understand that you feel miffed about this, I really don't think you have a right to say anything to anyone.
TBH, I would have expected a card from people who turned up, but you should not expect to have got a gift.
I fear you will be flamed for this post as there have been many about wedding gifts/cash etc.
Run now while you still can grin

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 15-Oct-09 21:44:29

Message withdrawn

Hando Thu 15-Oct-09 21:44:36

Perhaps they didn't have any money at all? Perhaps they didn't want to buy you something off the list because they have anothe rmore personal gift in mind to give you. Perhaps they didn't realise that they have to buy you a present to justify their place at your wedding and the generousity you extended to them hmm

paisleyleaf Thu 15-Oct-09 21:44:36

What was your list like?
What sort of things were on it?

MusterMix Thu 15-Oct-09 21:45:10

iw as hacked off that 4 guests didn tbother
and that my GODMOTHER and all her adult family( one of whom had blagged an extra invitation for her boyfreind) bought me..

a fish kettle and one card.
from all of them.
Tight gits AND they are LOADED

MusterMix Thu 15-Oct-09 21:45:43

.adn then didnt invite us to their wedding but to a party the day after!!
that was the end of that relationship.

thesecondcoming Thu 15-Oct-09 21:47:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MusterMix Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:03

no i am sorry
its like a party - if you accept you take a gift - even if just a wooden sppon

choosyfloosy Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:03

YANBU at all, but to lose any friends over this would be sad I think. Weddings are so strange and such a strained period.

I am sure you would never forget cards or presents but for some of us it is possible to do this. It's really crap I agree, but I would try to move on if you can. I certainly wouldn't say anything but I'm not a confrontational type.

ScaryFucker Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:19

was it the kind of list that has teatowels from Harrods for 30 quid each ?

I imagine the OP is sitting back, chomping popcorn

MusterMix Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:32

TAKE A FUCKING PRESENT
a plate ONE PLATE - i mean come on how idle are you

paisleyleaf Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:46

But not a fish kettle though eh?

SerendipitousHarlot Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:50

Good job. Sounds like you've got far too much already.

Knakard Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:56

You are being SO unreasonable!!!

Just be happy they were their to share your special day. Btw most wedding cost a forture to attend travel, hotels, outfits, child care etc. Just be glad you had a lovely day with your nearest and dearest. You chose to have a big expensive day.

Goodness to people really think of their weddings as a big whip round!

mamakoukla Thu 15-Oct-09 21:49:18

I think you need to ask yourself why you invited a very good friend. Yes, it is expected that there will be a card or present but should this be seen that there must be one? If the friend means that much to you, don't hold grudges.

Stellybelly Thu 15-Oct-09 21:51:25

Message withdrawn

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 15-Oct-09 21:54:01

Lol at fish kettle rage

paisleyleaf Thu 15-Oct-09 21:54:27

Thing is, when you ask for ££££, people can feel you're selling tickets to the wedding - rather than inviting.
And as a special friend, this person may have felt unable to chose you a personal gift if you've made it clear you'd rather have the cash.

herbietea Thu 15-Oct-09 21:54:39

Message withdrawn

paisleyleaf Thu 15-Oct-09 21:54:50

Thing is, when you ask for ££££, people can feel you're selling tickets to the wedding - rather than inviting.
And as a special friend, this person may have felt unable to chose you a personal gift if you've made it clear you'd rather have the cash.

notunique Thu 15-Oct-09 21:55:07

Just be glad that they made the effort and probably spent a lot of money on their outfits and travel to attend your wedding.

Not worth losing friends over the sake of a toaster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now