Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to murder my neighbour for his motorbike noise???

(14 Posts)
Belgrano Thu 15-Oct-09 20:35:28

Our neighbour has a Harley Davidson with the loudest possible exhaust you can imagine. He has friends with more. They drive these monsters up and down our quiet residential street at all hourss of day and night. Afew nights ago 4 of them came along the road at 1 am, waking us all up, including DD aged 2 and DS aged 2 months. This is common.

DD has a phobia about the noise and cries every time she hears it - especially if she's just been put to bed.

Neighbour says 'sorry, but that's the noise of the bike - shrug'......angry

Who's unreasonable here??

Drooper Thu 15-Oct-09 21:12:16

Not you! I am not sure what you can do about it. Are there noise abatement laws that apply if it's late at night?

You shouldn't have to, but would music in DD's room help her settle and mask a bit of the noise?

May be worth getting in touch with your community police officer.

6feetundertheGroundhogs Fri 16-Oct-09 00:32:09

OFFS, they can stop at the top of the bloody road at 1am and wheel the fecking things the rest of the way.

Sorry but a harley is outrageously noisy and of course they damned well know it.

A bar owner in London used to do this so as not to disturb the residents of the Mews we worked in. If he could do it, so could your neighbours...

Grr, I hate stupid bike owners.... What is it with them, they have to make as much noise as possible, pop silly boy wheelies at the lights and overtake anything whenever they feel like it. Nothing against those that just drive properly, it's the thoughtless idiots that wind me up...

Nancy66 Fri 16-Oct-09 00:47:49

I fucking hate, hate hate motorbikes and the cocks that ride them.

Tosser opposite us has one - his favourite trick is to just sit there revving it...not actually going anywhere, just revving.

6feetundertheGroundhogs Fri 16-Oct-09 00:53:04

Ew, that's just he's like w*nking in public, surely?

W*nker!

OP, if you can't run to snipers on rooftops to pick em off as they approach, then install a sound activeated stinger at the entrance to your road...

TheBatterflyEffect Fri 16-Oct-09 01:02:08

Message withdrawn

CyradisTheSeer Fri 16-Oct-09 01:21:37

Message withdrawn

Belgrano Fri 16-Oct-09 12:36:26

ha ha, god my dickhead neighbour does the revving/aptly described as w**king in public thing as well! He claims to be 'disabled' (occasionally see him with stick but can walk perfectly well) thus claims cannot wheel bike and it needs to be on and revving all the time since he cant wheel/walk it.

Miggsie Fri 16-Oct-09 12:39:45

We have a neighbour with a scooter with one of those 50cc engines, sounds like a bunch of marsupials farting into trombones and it reverberates round the houses down our road as though amplified a million times.

Drives me bonkers. I really wish someone would run over the damn thing.

GentleOtter Fri 16-Oct-09 12:40:59

Try speaking to him on his own and explain how much it is upsetting your children and could he at least try to compromise?

Sometimes if there are a few of together then there can be a pack asshole mentality and things could get worse.

treaclespongeofdeath Fri 16-Oct-09 12:48:04

Could you speak to the council about it? Ours have a special noise patrol who will come out to your house any time of day or night if anyone near you is having a loud party, playing their TV really loud, or that sort of thing. Of course if he's just coming down the drive and then switching the motor off you might not have enough time to get anyone down there, but it might be worth speaking to your council's noise pollution department anyway to see if they can give you any advice.

etchasketch Fri 16-Oct-09 12:53:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 16-Oct-09 13:04:51

Although it's true that Harleys are anti-socially noisy anyway, it is possible that your neighbour and/or his pals have illegal aftermarket exhausts fitted. You could have a word with your local Traffic police... ?

Belgrano Fri 16-Oct-09 13:24:44

Good plan re. council, I will try.
I have spoken to him on his own about it - took both children for maximum emotional blackmail impact and he shrugged and said 'sorry but that's the noise the bike makes'. My suggestion he buy a silencer was met with a refusal on the basis they cost money and change the way the bike runs and make it more fuel hungry.
He's clearly determined to be an overgrown schoolboy 'rebel' with this ridiculous machine, so next stop council I think!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now