Talk

Advanced search

2 lots of Upsy Daisy but no Tombleboos

(27 Posts)
CaresMildly Thu 15-Oct-09 18:59:04

Just got an ITNG singalong book - one of those plastic things that plays a song if you twiddle with the character.

TBH it's pretty rubbish altogether, the music is original but it's got a crap electronic voice saying "here, is, the ... pinky-ponk". Although DD probably hasn't noticed that.

However, she has blooming well noticed that the Tombleboos don't feature at all - but blasted Upsy Daisy is there twice with her crappy song. DD is very fond of the Tombleboos and their song so the book was supposed to save me singing "knock on the door" time after time.

It is made by VTech and bought from Mothercare - wouldn't you think that someone in Quality Control in either organisation might have noticed that flaw in the design. AIBU to be pissed off and would it BU to write and complain?

Tombliboobs Thu 15-Oct-09 19:08:02

No, write and complain, it is a disgrace! grin

Hoppity Thu 15-Oct-09 19:11:57

YABU to buy a Vtech toy. Didn't you know nice, educated, middle-class mummies are supposed to boycott Vtech with the same zeal we boycott Nestle? grin
Feel free to write and complain. Vtech are idiots.

CaresMildly Thu 15-Oct-09 19:15:28

I wonder what the world is coming to. It's perfectly obvious there are 4 main characters in ITNG:

Iggle Piggle
Upsy Daisy
Makka Pakka
Tombleboos (counting as an entity)

Then you could also add in:

Pontypines
Haa-hoos
Ninky-Nonk
Pinky-Ponk

In this crap book N-N and P-P have a PAGE EACH and THEY HAVEN'T EVEN GOT A SONG but the Tombleboos (all 3 of them) are just pictures on other people's pages. I despair. Not least because DD can't be fobbed off with Pinky-ponk's farty noises: she wants to hear about Tombleboos sitting on the floor. Poor little DD, it's a welcome to the real world and a harsh one at that.

CaresMildly Thu 15-Oct-09 19:16:53

I started off with high ideals but 15 months in and I've already cracked ... I'll fill the house with as much plastic tut as is needed so long as it flashes and sings!!

facebookaddict Thu 15-Oct-09 19:27:08

My house looks like a plastic toy shop. I keep buying the gorgeous wooden ones and they are the first to go to the bottom of the boxes despite my efforts to shift around toys each week hiding some and representing others....

Kids love v Tech. I just bought the camera for my nearly 3yr old for xmas... hope it works!

facebookaddict Thu 15-Oct-09 19:28:19

Oh and I forgot to put my comment YANBU as the makers of these toys should put as much care and effort into making them as the NightGarden creators obviously did. Kids spot these flaws a mile off!

Tidey Thu 15-Oct-09 19:31:40

DD just got a talking Makka Pakka for her birthday and he has no legs. I could've sworn he does on the programme.

facebookaddict Thu 15-Oct-09 19:44:50

Tidley - you made me laugh so much I almost spat my wine out over the computer.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 15-Oct-09 19:46:39

Message withdrawn

6feetundertheGroundhogs Sat 17-Oct-09 09:42:40

OK, so this bugs the crap out of me, and when I noticed it, the once, DS has latched on it, so I get asked every single time he see it...

WHY? (Oh WHY?) Does Narrator say Oh No, it's the Ninky nonk?

PLEASE, if you know, put me out of my misery...

beaniesinthebucketagain Sat 17-Oct-09 14:31:43

6feet- i want to know that too!!!

I have a 26mnth old ds who has worshiped at the feet of iggle piggle from the minute he spied the tv at a friends and i have NEVER understood why they say oh no???

And dont get me started on the pontypines parenting skills!

OP YANBU, ds isnt having that book for christmas now!

BouncingTurtle Sat 17-Oct-09 14:33:48

That is outrageous!! Ds (22mo) loves the Tombliboos, he does the sit down bit when their song comes on smile
Take it back and demand a refund!!

6feetundertheGroundhogs Sat 17-Oct-09 14:43:05

LOL, the pontipines...

But I DO know where they come from...

Just had 3 years of hell living in a country where that kind of parenting would fit right in!! LOL!! Even down to the moustaches!!

6feetundertheGroundhogs Sat 17-Oct-09 14:45:04

Oh and it's not just me that thinks Upsy Daisy's a bit of a well, naughty girl??

Running around with her BED in tow, kissing everyone, pulling a string to make her skirt go up??? hmm

6feetundertheGroundhogs Sat 17-Oct-09 14:46:04

... and poor old Makka Pakka with his washing and piling up of stones OCD behaviour...

ImMissWorld Sat 17-Oct-09 18:46:28

The only normal ones are the Tittifers and all they will get is sniggered at for their name once the children get a bit older.

BubbaAndBump Sat 17-Oct-09 18:55:29

Of course they say Oh No to the Ninky Nonk- it's a thoroughly unreliable form of transport ~ it doesn't stop at designated places, it frequently leaves the non-existant carriageway and runs up the side of trees and upside down, it nearly always zooms around at a high speed, and those little buckles are only just able to keep IgglePiggle et al. in their seats. I'm writing to the Department of Transport and complaining...

cluttered Sat 17-Oct-09 19:19:09

DS2's favourites are Makka Pakka and the Tittifers and he has asked for Tittifers toys for Christmas but there is no Tittifer merchandise. Even the Haa hoos are covered (Haa Hoo cushions) and I think the Tittifers are far nicer. Don't know what to do about that one!

AnyFuleKno Sat 17-Oct-09 20:49:20

Isn't it - oh no! The Ninky Nonk is here already and we're going to miss it, stood here waving through the trees at all the characters standing on that crazy gazebo thing?

Spacehoppa Sat 17-Oct-09 21:13:22

Its those pontipines that do me in...its "Mi, mi, mi, mi, mi" all the time with them....

also

At least the V-Techs stop the girl wrecking our consumer electronics. I am obviously nowhere near middle class enough to disapprove grin...

AnyFuleKno Sat 17-Oct-09 21:22:48

Oh god the pontipines...if I have to sit through another half hour of those bores ninnying around. I would love to put the lot of them through an electric pencil sharpener...mwahahahah.

As for Macca Pacca, I know where I'd like to shove that trumpet...

I have night garden rage, can you tell.

AnyFuleKno Sat 17-Oct-09 21:22:48

Oh god the pontipines...if I have to sit through another half hour of those bores ninnying around. I would love to put the lot of them through an electric pencil sharpener...mwahahahah.

As for Macca Pacca, I know where I'd like to shove that trumpet...

I have night garden rage, can you tell.

6feetundertheGroundhogs Sat 17-Oct-09 22:51:44

PMSL Night Garden Rage... priceless!!

6feetundertheGroundhogs Sat 17-Oct-09 22:53:03

Why are the Wattingers always forgotten...? what have they done wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now