Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that MN should have some kind of flashing light to highlight threads where interesting stuff is kicking off

(14 Posts)
Bleh Thu 15-Oct-09 14:23:48

so that we can all head over there and gawp opine? There's been so many that I missed: the crazy troller from Brighton, Userrlosers Edwina Currie and their pro-Tory ranting, the one where some Bounty-ers raided and did a whole text speak thing and the phrase "what are you? The grammer police?" was introduced to the MN lexicon. I only just managed to get on the thread about the crazy wife-swapping sheep farmers and morse code. These kind of things always kick off on threads with the most prosaic names. I demand some kind of alert so I know where to look.

So, AIBU?

overmydeadbody Thu 15-Oct-09 14:26:19

YABU

<snort>

You need to just have your eyes peeled and live on MN, have multiple tabs open with MN active convos going in them, and then you will notice if a thread starts kicking off grin

TheFoosa Thu 15-Oct-09 14:29:09

yanbu, the pooter could shout 'fight, fight' like at school

WhereYouLeftIt Thu 15-Oct-09 14:30:13

YANBU. Although I did catch the shout usersrlosers. You've made the crazy wife-swapping sheep farmers up haven't you? (God I hope so, I'd really hate to have missed that one ...)

Bleh Thu 15-Oct-09 14:30:17

But OMDB I am supposed to be working; I can't possibly do that?!

Surely someone technical could hook something up. Maybe a giant flashing arrow that says "look here!"

WhereYouLeftIt Thu 15-Oct-09 14:30:46

shout=shouty blush

GibbonWithAnAppleBobbingBibOn Thu 15-Oct-09 14:31:30

Bloody hell I missed a thread about crazy wife swapping sheep farmers? and bounty babes swooping upon us?

I think MNHQ should have a text alert system.

Bleh Thu 15-Oct-09 14:31:45

WhereYou: I did not. See here. It kicks off a couple of pages in. CRAZINESS I tell you.

Chickenshavenolips Thu 15-Oct-09 14:32:55

YANBU grin

Geocentric Thu 15-Oct-09 14:33:21

YABU - you should keep watch 24hrs a day and then CAT me... wink

The sheep/wife swap thing was bizarre!!!

Worse thing is when you dare to spend the weekend in RL and then come back on Monday to find all hell has broken loose!!!!

pigletmania Thu 15-Oct-09 14:33:49

Yes totally, some are just so boring but others keep me intregued, like the one last week about a MNetter who had an Italian woman stay to 'help' with a new ds.

iwascyteenagewerewolf Thu 15-Oct-09 14:35:02

YANBU. I can barely keep up with the outrage at times, and I am as sad a loser as they come grin

TrillianSlasher Thu 15-Oct-09 14:35:18

Maybe we should have a little code to post on a thread that is kicking off, then you just need to do an advanced search on 'OTW' to direct you to the right places?

Geocentric Thu 15-Oct-09 14:36:29

Like the symbol that come up on a priority email...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now