Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why some people take exception to certain things that are NOT that important?

(13 Posts)
OrmIrian Wed 14-Oct-09 22:40:46

For example:

1. Shared email addresses are nauseatingly smug symbols of stifling coupledom. And no-one in their right minds would choose to be friends with owners of said addresses.

2. Non-manicured feet are signs of utter moral depravity and unacceptable laziness.

Two things that would never have occurred to me before this year.

What would I do without MN? hmm

HeBewitcheditude Wed 14-Oct-09 22:41:54

LOL

I have found all sorts of things to be outraged about, thanks to MN. wink

edam Wed 14-Oct-09 22:43:28

No. 2 is an odd thing to worry about at this time of year - your feet are hidden in socks and shoes so who cares whether they are manicured or not?

OrmIrian Wed 14-Oct-09 22:44:10

Well they do edam. I have it on good authority (MN)

HuwEdwards Wed 14-Oct-09 22:44:38

What would you do/ You'd be a doormat to your OH and have the feet of a yeti.

Goblinchild Wed 14-Oct-09 22:44:44

Don't you find all the heaving bosoms and harumphing entertaining?
I do, but then I am a lazy and morally-depraved individual who used her feet for walking rather than an art forum. grin

Knickers0nMaHead Wed 14-Oct-09 22:45:15

YABU for starting a thread about other threads.

OrmIrian Wed 14-Oct-09 22:46:36

Hey knickers. I don't peel my feet and we only have one email address betwee 5 of us (plus a cat and 3 rats). So I am obviously unreasonable hmm

Goblinchild Wed 14-Oct-09 22:46:40

Is there another thread full of traumatised women full of PTSD after having to see my feet during parents' evening?
<scuttles off to look>

defineme Wed 14-Oct-09 22:48:11

My email is my dh's name because he set it up 8yrs ago.I didn't take his name when we got married so it is a little confusing, but surely only other computers worry about email address details?

My heels are terrible and my nails could be spades.

I wear socks and rarely email - so neither of these things bother me and YANBU - I prefer to fill my head with mindless crap that doesn't involve worrying about the state of other people.

mummywoowoo Wed 14-Oct-09 22:49:32

I often paint my toenails in a hurry to avoid them being seen bare and orangey coloured from old paint jobs... yes I take exception! feet can be gross..

Shared email addresses - whatever...

Knickers0nMaHead Wed 14-Oct-09 22:51:16

Yanbu for what you have said btw, just ur for starting this thread grin

<sticks scabby feet on table>

SolidGhoulBrass Wed 14-Oct-09 22:51:48

<gets out big hairy scabby feet with discoloured toenail and cracked, peeling heels, and plonks them on the thread>
NER!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now