Talk

Advanced search

to think that next weekend, when DH comes home from his 2 week jaunt in Us....

(23 Posts)
WartoScreamo Wed 14-Oct-09 21:37:27

that he should take charge for entertaining DD and giving me a lie in?

I'm not really sure about this. He will have had 2 weeks of hard and long meetings, but with nice non-jetlagged weekend in NY with friends in the middle.

I will have been working FT, plus looking after dd, and driving her to activities, plus all the housework/washing/shopping.

DH normally helps out with everything and has HIS jobs, ones that I will be doing whilst he is away. (On top of the jobs I normally do).

So when I collect him from the airport, is it reasonable that he comes home to a sparkling house? Or should he take it like it comes? Should he get a lie on Sunday (I'm discounting Saturday for jet lag) or should i be having a lovely a day off?

Your thoughts are most welcome!

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 14-Oct-09 21:40:25

I think you should get a lie in on Sunday morning, and he should bring you tea in bed at around 10am, and then you should all go out for lunch together.

<<gavel>>

ChunkyMonkeysMum Wed 14-Oct-09 21:41:13

Ooooh, this a difficult one............YOU should get the lie in !! grin

YANBU

FABIsInTraining Wed 14-Oct-09 21:42:15

Of course YOU should get the lie in. Working is easier than full time parenting.

FABIsInTraining Wed 14-Oct-09 21:43:08

I wouldn't clean the house just for him coming home. He isn't the King. Is he?????

CMOTdibbler Wed 14-Oct-09 21:43:09

As the person in our household who goes away for work, I expect to pretty much drop into the household as normal. If I get home on the weekend, I expect to not go to bed in the day, but to carry on with all our normal things (this includes coming back from LA, and I don't get to fly business). DH does let me have a little lie in the next day, but I'll take DS out for a few hours to swimming or whatever and let DH have a bit of space

allaboutme Wed 14-Oct-09 21:45:12

He gets a rest Saturday and you get a lie in Sunday.
Rest of Sunday is family time

WartoScreamo Wed 14-Oct-09 21:50:24

He ia flying Business, but he is not the King! grin

Actually he is tidier than me and the sad, Stepford wife part of me will ensure that everything is tidy and nice for his arrival.

(this does not bother me by the way, I remember coming back to an immaculate house after 2 weeks in hospital and after another week when dd was born) It was lovely.

tis more a case of whether I deserve a break aor not....

FABIsInTraining Wed 14-Oct-09 21:51:23

Of course you do!!

WartoScreamo Wed 14-Oct-09 21:55:14

I am really liking the UrbanDryad's suggestion of tea in bed and lunch out on Sunday! Should I email that to him?

Doodleydoo Wed 14-Oct-09 21:55:55

Deserve - what are you talking about woman, of course you do. Are you me? Am I posting this? Was you DH on the same bloody trip as mine?
Need a time out as much as I love my dd! have demanded at least 1 night out with girls and will be demanding more - its not a matter of doing the things we usually do,its about being on call 24 hours a daywith no let up for 5 mins on your own.
YANBU

Mummyinthedark Wed 14-Oct-09 21:56:14

yes you definitely do, very fair.

thesecondcoming Wed 14-Oct-09 21:58:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WartoScreamo Wed 14-Oct-09 21:59:20

Doodleydoo, does your dh work for a well known Pharmaceutical co?

Doodleydoo Wed 14-Oct-09 22:10:52

Sadly no! But am feeling your pain - guilt him into seriously nice present from states! regardless! or something from the plane!
What usually happens is dd gets spoilt rotten and i still get expected to make a cup of tea as he comes through the door. As have learnt from past experience point blank refused to take him to the airport. I am mean wife!

Georgimama Wed 14-Oct-09 22:13:33

When you say "2 week jaunt" do you mean a jolly or work? Because if it is work and you have been working too, he should come home to the house as it is and muck in. If it is a jolly he should feed you grapes all weekend whilst you recline.

WartoScreamo Wed 14-Oct-09 22:15:20

Didn't take mine tot the airport either! Dd and I will collect him though. Cos we miss him! He has instructions re gifts! grin

Doodleydoo Wed 14-Oct-09 22:17:35

Refused to collect due to v early morning flight and I am a lazy cow! he was on the bloody doorstep before 8am so frankly was not doing that drive! Good on the gift front - mine was sent to a well known technology gadget shop to update a well known piece of equipment which I have yet been allowed a look at!

FuckwitsAllofthem Wed 14-Oct-09 22:43:40

You get the lie in on Sunday.

It is law of business trips that you have to make up for the 'lost' weekend surely?

WartoScreamo Wed 14-Oct-09 23:46:36

LOL at Doodleydoo. Would that be the large fruity name place that my friend who works for a competitor was drooling over, and where my my very useful (it's the devils work) 40th birthday prssie came from?

Doodleydoo Thu 15-Oct-09 09:48:56

Is it a green fruit? If so then yes! (Actually it could also be red/pink/yellow/combination of any of the above!)

MrsVik Thu 15-Oct-09 11:05:34

If you're up to it, clean the house so it doesn't need it for a few days. That way you and your DH get to spend some nice time together after his 2 weeks away and no-one has to worry about cleaning!

mumblechum Thu 15-Oct-09 11:14:21

WartoScreamo, does your dh work for a pharma co with a prominent HQ right next to the M4? If so he & dh are likely to be co-slaves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now