Talk

Advanced search

to think that if I am going to get a 'cold' it might as well make an bit of extra effort to be more serious

(10 Posts)
OrmIrian Wed 14-Oct-09 15:47:17

so I can have a day off work.

I feel horrible sad Snuffly, itchy and achey and very hot.

But that won't be good enough when I want to stay in bed tomorrow. 'I feel horrible' cuts no ice on the phone to HR, neither does 'I've got a cold'.

You need a limb hanging off at least.

<sulk>

neenz Wed 14-Oct-09 15:50:41

Sounds like flu.

Stay in bed tomorrow.

grin

fernie3 Wed 14-Oct-09 15:51:23

well very hot means temp which means def needs a day off to me but then again I am a wimp when it comes to illness
w2

fernie3 Wed 14-Oct-09 15:51:59

sorry about the w2 my baby hit the keyboard as I was pressing submit lol

HowlingAtTheMoon Wed 14-Oct-09 15:52:04

I have a cold too but it is not dripping out of my nose yet but my head is exploding and my sinuses are making me want to kill someone but no-one believes me becasue I am not sorting into a tissue yet.

Please send me home and I will reciprocate grin

OrmIrian Wed 14-Oct-09 15:52:32

Go home howling!

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 14-Oct-09 15:53:11

Just put the fear of god into them that it's infectious and you coming in could take out your entire team/shift/office.

Tbh, your description would keep me off work. My brain is not on full power at such times, and it has taken me more time to undo poor-quality work done whilst ill than I would have taken off because I felt lousy.

OrmIrian Wed 14-Oct-09 15:55:33

Perhaps I should start oinking?

HowlingAtTheMoon Wed 14-Oct-09 16:08:37

Go home OrmIrian! grin

OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 13:08:04

Well! I was feeling so rough by yesterday afternoon I was considering not coming in today. Both the top suits in the department are working from home atm. One of them has had fluey symptoms and is taking tamiflu. The other had some kind of unspecified illness but we assumed it was serious as he is never off sick and has been walking around with a blood pressure monitor on all the time recently. Anyhow he rang me yesterday to say he wouldn't be in for an indefinite period as he lost 90% of the sight in one eye due to a ministroke shock

So that trumps my cold. So I shall sit here and sniff and feel sorry for myself (but not that sorry in comparison)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now