Talk

Advanced search

To hate the kids on Barney?

(27 Posts)
tjtheminx Tue 13-Oct-09 19:52:24

I always swore before I had DS that I would never let my offspring watch Barney.
Of course DS now 2.5 loves it.
Most of the time I can distract him or tell him we don't have the channel. But sometimes for peace I put it on.
Have no issue with the big purple dinosaur himself. Just the really annoying children on the show.Where do they get them?
Also, it doesn't seem to me to be either educational ot interesting ( I'm not 2 tough)

TheHeadlessWombat Tue 13-Oct-09 19:55:34

YANBU.Though Barney is also obnoxious.

llaregguBOO Tue 13-Oct-09 19:58:02

I've never heard of it. Is it a channel?

<cbeebies bubble>

purepurple Tue 13-Oct-09 19:58:13

I hate them too. I also hate Barney with a passion.

purepurple Tue 13-Oct-09 20:01:49

Here is something for all the Barney haters
I is mean

TheHeadlessWombat Tue 13-Oct-09 20:04:28

There's this too

ByTheSea Tue 13-Oct-09 20:11:38

YANBU. They are cloying.

TheHeadlessWombat Tue 13-Oct-09 20:12:46

I can't decide if the children on Barney are more irritating than the waving children on the topics page or less so.

purepurple Tue 13-Oct-09 20:14:33

Theheadlesswombat
There's only one way to find out.
Fight!

TheHeadlessWombat Tue 13-Oct-09 20:15:39

No no it's Fiiiiiighhhhtt.

I love Harry Hill.grin

liahgen Tue 13-Oct-09 20:16:53

they get them from modelling agencies and stage schools.

My friends 2 dd's very normal children have been on it. They look the part and acted the wholesome american thing.

purepurple Tue 13-Oct-09 20:16:56

Me too grin

Geocentric Tue 13-Oct-09 20:18:56

Hate, hate, hate the whole show. Luckily my DCs never liked it <evil brainwashing emoticon>.

I especially hate the way they appropriate existing nursery rhymes and switch the lyrics - some originality, please????

smallorange Tue 13-Oct-09 20:19:42

I do sort of wish that they would turn on barney and give him a good kicking while shouting expletives and swigging cans if lager.

But maybe it's just been a long day .....

Ivykaty44 Tue 13-Oct-09 23:07:47

yabu

its better than eastenders and tellytubbies at least they speak a proper language

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 13-Oct-09 23:11:42

oh i did barney thing with ds1 and am now 9 yrs later having to do it again with ds2!!!

bluejeans Tue 13-Oct-09 23:15:26

YANBU but it's only going to get worse when your DCs are older and watch Hannah Montana etc!

Was there not a Marian Keyes book where the main character tells her kid Barney's dead? grin

Used to be on after Bear in the Big Blue house when DD was little (which we loved) - had to try and switch back to cbeebies before DD saw it was coming on

Monsterspam Wed 14-Oct-09 00:40:04

YANBU - Have you seen the Christmas one? ("Jingle, jingle, jingle jo, jingle at the window ti-de-ho")

It stays in your brain forever. Grrr

CheerfulYank Wed 14-Oct-09 01:34:55

I DESPISE that tall blond boy. Barf.

I have put my foot down at my house. Sesame Street, Thomas, and old cartoons that I like (Sword in the Stone etc.) are it. I'm a big meaniepants.

Dislexual Wed 14-Oct-09 01:46:46

Aggg fecken Barney.Makes you want to scratch your ears off.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 14-Oct-09 08:26:02

PMP at this, we lived in Oman when dd was born, at about a year old I stupidly got her a barney video. She immediately fell in love with a little boy called Eric or Derek who was deaf, she truly perked up a bit when he came on the screen. As it was the only video she had I knew every word in camp runaround. The individual I couldn't bear was BJ. Twatty little yellow thing.
I know what you mean about the christmas tidey oh song too.

6feetundertheGroundhogs Wed 14-Oct-09 09:43:28

"" I Love you, You love me,

We're a happy family,

With a great big hug

and a Kiss from me to you

Won't you say you love me too..""

We had it everyday on MBC3 too while abroad... DS used to scream house down if i didn't come and cuddle and sing it with him....

IvaNighSpare Wed 14-Oct-09 10:39:29

"I love you, You love me
By the time we're twenty three
We'll be in Rehab
or somebody's Crack Whore
Just like that Drew Barrymore"

Geocentric Wed 14-Oct-09 12:06:45

And when they grow up... they get to be... Power Rangers!!! Seriously, DS was watching a DVD last night, and the PR's have to be the ultimate evolution in über political correctness after Barney. Can you imagine the casting nightmare, trying to get the perfect ethnic/cultural/girl-boy ratio for each new series???

suwoo Wed 14-Oct-09 12:24:32

I actually like Barney. When I went to Florida, I was way more star struck over Barney than boring old Mickey Mouse.

<<needs to get out more>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now