Talk

Advanced search

To interpret SIL's behaviour as a bit of a snub?

(18 Posts)
GhostlyWhiteSeahorses Tue 13-Oct-09 09:27:22

Another Facebook one I'm afraid. Had a look at SIL's profile the other day. Noticed that the number of photo albums has drastically decreased. She has obviously either taken lots of photos down (which would be v unlike her) or reset her privacy settings to exclude me (any maybe some other people, I can't tell). The weird thing is, I was actually AT some of the events that were covered by the albums that I can no longer see (there were no photos of me included in them, although there are some untagged ones of my DH). Obviously it's her right to manage her profile as she sees fit, but AIBU to be a bit hmm about this?

WartoScreamo Tue 13-Oct-09 09:30:58

I can't believe that people spend time worrying about such things honestly. YABU. Maybe she was just having a clear out!

ChunkyKitKat Tue 13-Oct-09 09:31:37

Do you get on with SIL?

If she's reset her privacy settings, is your DH also excluded?

I am not sure if you are BU atm.

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Tue 13-Oct-09 09:32:21

YABU - what a bizarre thing to worry about!

GhostlyWhiteSeahorses Tue 13-Oct-09 09:37:57

Err, not really worrying as such, just thought it was a bit of an odd thing to do and wondered what the MN jury would make of it.

SIL is fine. I don't think that we'd be friends were it not for the fact that we're related (we're quite different people) but we haven't ever argued or fallen out with each other, so there's no bad feeling. Which is why it seems a strange thing to do all of a sudden...

Katisha Tue 13-Oct-09 09:39:48

Ask her?

Lizzylou Tue 13-Oct-09 09:44:32

I'd find it strange too, I think you'd be best to ask her.
She may have taken them down, or just added some people to the list and forgotten to add you?

MorrisZapp Tue 13-Oct-09 09:49:01

I'll bet it means absolutely nothing. She was probably just having a clear out, or has changed her settings so that only her close friends can see her pics. Nowt to worry about.

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Tue 13-Oct-09 09:55:06

Go on DH's facebook, or get him to, and see if he can see the photos. If she's deleted pics specifically of you, that's a bit weird.

ChunkyKitKat Tue 13-Oct-09 10:10:03

SIL is fine, so agree with MorrisZapp, I bet it's nothing. Do you think you could ask her or would this be making too much of it?

GhostlyWhiteSeahorses Tue 13-Oct-09 10:29:24

Yes, it's probably nothing, just thought it was a bit odd. Not sure I really want to bring it up with her - might make it into a bigger thing than it actually is IYSWIM. They're having a house party in a few weeks time, to which we're invited, so I might just wait and see whether I (or DH) get to see the photos from that...

thedollshouse Tue 13-Oct-09 10:31:51

Now I'm wondering whether I'm your sil. grin

I had a clearout the other day and deleted most of my photos. Decided that I didn't want photos hanging around forever so now I only have a few on and delete them after a few weeks. I'm sure she has just done the same.

Kayzr Tue 13-Oct-09 10:35:43

YABU, I wish I had such silly things to worry about.

GhostlyWhiteSeahorses Tue 13-Oct-09 10:35:57

Thedollshouse grin I don't think she posts on here (well, I assume not, as she has no DC).

thedollshouse Tue 13-Oct-09 10:37:27

No it isn't me, I don't do houseparties.

Don't worry about it, whatever she has done I'm sure it wasn't intended to be personal.

DuelingFANGo Tue 13-Oct-09 10:38:56

Am scared that I might be your SIL grin I do this kind of thing - change my privacy settings. Often I make the albums visible only to me. Is it possible that's all she has done?

GhostlyWhiteSeahorses Tue 13-Oct-09 10:41:55

Wow, I seem to have lots of candidates for SILs on MN!

mazzystartled Tue 13-Oct-09 10:45:03

Honestly? Forget it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now