Talk

Advanced search

to think they should say on the outside of the box...

(4 Posts)
bumpyandfrumpy Tue 13-Oct-09 07:59:00

that this monitor wont work if you have a wireless network in your house?

34 weeks pregnant I waddled into TK Maxx last week and saw that they had a video baby monitor for a reasonable price. I looked it up on the net before buying it and didn't see anyting too bad about it so opened up the box. Trying it out it works ok if you're miles away from the router...but I live in a flat so you can't go too far. The network just interferes with it terribly. Their response was to just turn off the router while you are using it. With an 18 month old and a newborn I am guessing that sleep time may be my only internet time...hmm...
I now have to fight my way into the town again just to take this bloody thing back, and I'm sure they will have a go at me if I say it doesn't work and they test it.
Surely they should warn you on the OUTSIDE of the packet rather than in the instructions?

sarah293 Tue 13-Oct-09 08:02:47

Message withdrawn

bumpyandfrumpy Tue 13-Oct-09 08:05:48

I was going to get a sound one (current one is on its way out) but the price was good so thought i'd spend the extra £10 on a video one. Especially as DS is in a big bed and will be sharing a room after a while so can see if baby is screaming because his brother is trying to cuddle him.
Regardless, I still think that if a product is useless in houses with a wireless network it should say so. Quite a lot of people have them.

TheLemur Tue 13-Oct-09 14:48:07

It might be worth contacting your ISP about this... I know ours provide little adaptor thingies so that we don't get interference on our phone line, maybe they can provide similar for the baby monitor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now