Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed when people who don't like me and ex boyfriends want to be my ''friend';' on facebook?

(17 Posts)
poshsinglemum Mon 12-Oct-09 21:16:21

I've had so many people who I've fallen out with in the past want to be my facebook friend.

I don't want to be friends with these people.

Are my ex boyfriends stalking me or just trying to be nice?

Do some people want me to be their facebook friend just because it makes them look popular?

6feetundertheGroundhogs Mon 12-Oct-09 21:36:42

Yep, they are only doing the numbers...

Sad isn't it? I had friends of friends send requests. I'd send them a message to say HI, you are a friend of A, how lovely to meet you etc etc, and they wouldn't reply...

Sod em, I deleted them. I wouldn't agree to any more requests unless these people really ARE people I'm in contact with.

Just ignore them.

poshsinglemum Mon 12-Oct-09 21:52:09

It's plain desperate if you ask me. Mabe I'm more popular than I thought as hardly ask anyone to be my facebook freind. But then I am grupy and I hate it! grin

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Mon 12-Oct-09 21:57:01

I don't get the ex boyfriend thing either, why don't they just sod off to timbuctoo?

People who've hated you in the past are doing it for numbers but also to nosey at your profile and see how you've come on and if you've got what they haven't.

gingerbunny Mon 12-Oct-09 22:09:54

my rule is - would i like to go out for a pint with them now? if not i hit delete!
i just think they must have really sad lives if they are only doing it to get numbers.

Wilkiepedia Mon 12-Oct-09 22:12:34

I had the complete and utter PLEASURE of telling the girl who made my life total hell at school exactly what I thought of her in reply to her 'friend request (WTF?!?!?)' before blocking her. So satisfying.

My friends on FB are people I know and like and who I am happy to see the photos of me and my family.

I hit 'ignore' more times than 'accept' and find people with hundreds of friends a bit sad.

mrsjammi Mon 12-Oct-09 22:13:46

Message withdrawn

Meglet Mon 12-Oct-09 22:15:17

yanbu. I've had a few friend requests from people who I fell out with in RL.

I have a big list of blocked people these days grin. If I think of someone who I avoid in RL I make sure I block them on fb too.

poshsinglemum Mon 12-Oct-09 22:26:05

I quite like it when long lost pals get in contact though or old school friends. I'm not totally against facebook. Just facebook abuse.

poshsinglemum Mon 12-Oct-09 22:26:54

grupy? Grumpy I mean! Good word though!

DogManStar Mon 12-Oct-09 22:32:35

I think the whole Facebook thing is a load of nonsense, and nothing would persuade me even to sign up, never mind become someone's 'friend'. But, poshsinglemum, why have you fallen out with so many people?

poshsinglemum Mon 12-Oct-09 22:41:25

Not so much falling out in as much as having proper barmys but people who I have worked with or travelled with and yet have been cold towards me or rude even. Mabe I'm just paranoid?

And I have fallen out with all of my ex boyfriends. Two or three of which have asked me to be their facebook friends and we had proper barnies at the end of the relationships. i don't get it!

mrsjammi Mon 12-Oct-09 23:01:33

Message withdrawn

6feetundertheGroundhogs Tue 13-Oct-09 17:01:07

She has to set her profile to friends only, as opposed to the friends of friends, or everyone options.

If you are looking at her profile through someone she is 'friends' with, then you would be able to see whatever she puts up.

mrsjammi Tue 13-Oct-09 19:15:41

Message withdrawn

squeaver Tue 13-Oct-09 19:17:02

It's the devil's work, I tell you.

mrsjammi Tue 13-Oct-09 19:19:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now