Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with DH?

(17 Posts)
unfitmother Mon 12-Oct-09 18:18:02

I have an OU exam tomorrow, my first exam for 20 yrs.
I am quite stressed as the revision doesn't seem to be going too well, (2 young dcs, full time job), don't know why.

DH works from home so I was relying on him to take to the exam centre which is a high school in a part of town I have never been to before.

He only goes into the office once a week and went in today so I though I'd be OK. He's just announced he has to go in to the office again tomorrow so can't take me.

In addition, I go into the lounge to see if there's any way he's started the dcs tea to find him fast asleep on the settee. He got really grumpy when I woke up so I had to go and make it.

I can't believe I'm not getting more support!

IABU?

PoisonToadstool Mon 12-Oct-09 18:20:40

YANBU, but it sounds as though he just doesn't understand - have you asked why has he to go into the office - can it be rescheduled? Failing that get a taxi.

Good luck for tomorrow. My mum is studying with the OU and has her final exam tomorrow for her degree, before she started studying with them she'd never done one in her life! Have a bit of faith in yourself and hit the books for a few hours tonight?

mazzystartled Mon 12-Oct-09 18:22:04

YANBU re the kids' tea
but prob a bit U about the lift, tbh
Natural to be anxious but he can't do the revision for you.
Good luck for tomorrow.

Harimosbroomstick Mon 12-Oct-09 18:23:57

Well, no - of course you are BU... THis is something that's important to you.

But, I wonder if there is more to it than that? Does he not WANT you to do this course? Might this lead you to a job you enjoyed? (You sound like a SAHM?)

I'm currently training as a teacher and my DH is less than supportive. He doesn't really want me to work and I'm actually considering (when I do work) of keeping my wages for myself as I'll still be expected to all the housework and childcare.

Do you have any alterative arrangements for the exam or will you have to miss it?

unfitmother Mon 12-Oct-09 18:29:45

Oh no, I'll be fine, I can drive myself.
It was the emotional support I was after, I don't want to be stressing out getting lost in an unfamiliar part of town - plus the extra 10 mins revision time in the car would have been handy! wink

Knickers0nMahead Mon 12-Oct-09 18:30:04

harimo, op has a fulltime job by the looks of it. Op, yanbu. He needs to be more supportive.

mumblechum Mon 12-Oct-09 18:32:05

I'd get a taxi anyway if I were you. I remember frantically driving round Manchester years ago trying to find the exam centre and getting really stressed.

10 minutes revision really isn't going to make any difference!

Good luck!!

unfitmother Mon 12-Oct-09 18:33:03

Yes, a full time job.

Harimosbroomstick Mon 12-Oct-09 18:35:30

Sorry, Don't how I missed that!

Don't worry about an extra 10 minutes.

BUt, get a taxi so you are not stressed!

(and make your DH pay for it!)

mazzystartled Mon 12-Oct-09 18:36:35

I think you should put the emotional support or lack of it out of your mind and concentrate on your exam prep.

Then in a few days think about whether your DH should have been more "with you" on this, or if it was actually fine. If on reflection you need more from him - have a chat about it at a non-pressured time.

Hope you get all the right questions anyway!

unfitmother Mon 12-Oct-09 18:43:41

Aaahhh! I'm going to kill him!

DCs are running round screeching (i.e. have left the table) and he hasn't even got them a pudding. How hard can it be to get a yoghurt from the fridge?

He's not usually this useless - why today?

BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Mon 12-Oct-09 18:44:01

Not sure about your DH but I've got my OU exam next Thurs and wanted to give you some good vibes smile

Apart from what you're revising, try to focus on coming out of the exam and the relief you'll feel that it's all over, the high is worth all the shit grin Good luck!

mazzystartled Mon 12-Oct-09 18:47:43

You're just feeling it more because of the stress, he probably usually is genuinely that useless.

BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Tue 13-Oct-09 14:12:50

How'd you get on?? smile

Harimosbroomstick Tue 13-Oct-09 17:31:05

Hope it went well for you. smile

unfitmother Tue 13-Oct-09 20:22:09

I think it went OK, thanks grin

DH redeemed himself and took me in, we got lost and only just made it.He forgot to come and get me though. hmm
Don't worry, he does have some good qualities. He's putting dcs to bed whilst I have a well-deserved large glasss of wine! wink

BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Wed 14-Oct-09 09:39:58

He forgot to come and get you?? shock Glad it went OK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now