Talk

Advanced search

to have a moan to the school about their 'whole school' production?

(6 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbats Sun 11-Oct-09 10:45:13

I have had a previous whinge about this.

The school does an all singing/dancing/acting shebang once a year. really good professional performances.

DD (now 13) went along to the auditions a few months ago (at 12) and was told she was too small to appear adult enough to be one of the acting parts.
She was offered one of the dancing parts.

Scroll forward a couple of months to rehersals which started last week.

DD finds out that the rehersals for the dancing bit take place at the school's other building 3 miles from her bit (split site school - yrs 7, 8 &9 in one building ys 10 - 12 in another)
Rehersals take place straight after school giving her (and others) no time to get to other building, meaning they can't be in producton.

So the whole school production only includes those pupils old enough to look adult and those above year 10 who can make it to rehersals.

Should I make a fuss? DD being a typical teenager thinks I shouldn't but I know she is a bit gutted.

FlamingoBingo Sun 11-Oct-09 10:47:23

That sounds totally and utterly crap - whole school production my arse!

Yes, complain!

Goblinchild Sun 11-Oct-09 10:47:33

If there are other younger children in the same position, then the school should run a minibus.
I'd ask what the school plans on doing to ensure that they are including everyone with a part.

purepurple Sun 11-Oct-09 10:48:18

YANBU
BTW there are small people in RL, do the school know this?

EccentricaGallumbats Sun 11-Oct-09 10:50:48

Problem is DD is a bit of a shorty and hates it. When they told her she was good but couldn't have a part because she was too short it really upset her so now I don't think her heart is really in being in the show.

I think I will have a moan though.

purepurple Sun 11-Oct-09 10:52:55

It is discrimination though, isn't it?
If she can only have a dancing part, then the school should be providing them with transport to get there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now