Talk

Advanced search

to be looking enviously at my cousin's freshers week photos on facebook

(3 Posts)
SebbysMum Sat 10-Oct-09 17:38:01

It is Saturday night. Here I am with a toddler facing the second weekend night in a row in. Haven't done anything much all day as both DH and DS have a cold. I'm 28.

Is it a wave of ungrounded nostalgia and sentimentality that makes me wish I could be a fresher again, just for a bit? If I really probe my own memories I do recall having a constant hangover, being a bit homesick and encountering lots of sleazy second year boys. But, oh the excitement of it all. I see from her facebook (and yes, I am being nosy) that the party starts at 7pm downstairs in the bar with club entry later only £1.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 10-Oct-09 18:05:25

YANBU
There was a massive group of them in matching t shirts queuing to get into a pub the other day. I felt a mixture of pity/envy of them, but then satisfaction when the doorman waved me in in front of them while they were all having their IDs checked
Truth is, I was a nervous shy fresher who got together with the first bloke who wanted her who turned out to have mental health and alcohol issues so my fresher's week/first year at uni didn't quite live up to the hype. I would never have been brave enough to go on a fresher's pub crawl anyway.

MrsJamin Sat 10-Oct-09 18:09:25

YABU - she will have a LOT bigger student debt than you have/had!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now