Talk

Advanced search

To think my cleaner was within her rights to refuse to clean my neighbours place again?

(16 Posts)
dilemma456 Sat 10-Oct-09 17:23:18

Message withdrawn

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 10-Oct-09 17:25:58

Message withdrawn

Hassled Sat 10-Oct-09 17:31:19

I hope they're going to pay the cleaner bloody well. If extra cash is not forthcoming, you need to have a word with them - that's awful.

Jux Sat 10-Oct-09 18:06:28

Entirely reasonable. Hope they pay her danger money.

FABIsInTraining Sat 10-Oct-09 18:12:16

At the very least they need to apologise and pay her handsomely for what she has done. She sounds lovely as she didn't have to do it but put the cats first.

AMumInScotland Sat 10-Oct-09 18:13:18

Perfectly reasonable - she can't "hoover and mop round" if the place is disgusting, and it's certainly not her job to clean up the filth!

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 10-Oct-09 20:21:24

your cleaner is right

but

its not your neighbours fault - its their stupid friend who isnt looking after their cats/home properly who should be blamed

I would flip if there was cat poo on my bed!!

thesecondcoming Sat 10-Oct-09 20:24:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dee78 Sat 10-Oct-09 22:34:10

We left our cat for 3 weeks when we went on our honeymoon and he was fine - I did make sure my Dad came in every day and sat with him for an hour though to keep him company, but I'm a big softie about the cat.

I'd be worried the friend hasn't fed them though if the poo's not cleaned up as they're obviously not that bothered, mind you there probably wouldn't be any if they'd not been fed I suppose!

Fibilou Sat 10-Oct-09 22:50:29

It's difficult because as a cat lover with 6 of my own there is no way I could leave the cats in that state - paid or not; but then why should she ?
I think the neighbours owe her a very nice bottle of something and an extremely harsh word with their friend - cos I think to leave animals like that is disgusting.

dilemma456 Sun 11-Oct-09 15:21:04

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Sun 11-Oct-09 15:25:50

Who on earth would agree to look after cats and then not change the litter tray!!!! In fairness I would something if looking after a cat involved litter tray changing but if I'd agreed to do it I'd don rubber gloves and get it down.

Your friends must be fuming and so embarrassed.

PeedOffWithNits Sun 11-Oct-09 15:52:32

bloody hell, TBH if I was that cleaner I would not have cleaned up after the cats AT ALL

what an awful "friend" who was "looking after the cats" - did they not see and smell the state of the flat

gross gross gross

madusa Sun 11-Oct-09 15:56:20

your poor cleaner

and those poor cats. Cats are very clean so for them to have to live like that is dreadful

diddl Sun 11-Oct-09 16:10:07

I´m not exactlyfollowing this.blush

The OP has a cleaner who has been asked to mop & hoover for the neighbours whilst they are away?

But doesn´t regularly clean for them?

So what´s the big deal?

The cleaner can´t do what they have been asked to do, so are well within their rights to refuse.

AMumInScotland Sun 11-Oct-09 16:31:25

Glad to hear your neighbours have understood the situation and will thank her properly. I hope they have serious words with their "friend" - not nice cleaning up after cats, but she should never have agreed if she wasn't prepared to do the job properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now