Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with bloody B&Q

(19 Posts)
CakeandFineWine Fri 09-Oct-09 21:34:47

Went to B&Q yest, really nice paint on offer.
Bought 2 tins as thought I would be enough.

After one can obvious nowhere near enough went back today none on shelf assistant said on they were they last ones we're discontinuing it!

AARRGGH I've done 1/2 a room why didn't you say anything yesterday when I was buying it you idiots!

Now I have 2 drive 25 miles EACH WAY 2moro to a B&Q warehouse to get the last remaining tins in the midlands!!!!!

GGGGRRRRRHHHHHHH

Knickers0nMahead Fri 09-Oct-09 21:39:28

I had this with Wilkos with wallpaper. Has been discontinued but they never said it was. So now I have to take it all back down!

supersalstrawberry Fri 09-Oct-09 21:40:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CakeandFineWine Fri 09-Oct-09 21:42:37

spill it supersalstrawberry*......
*knickersonmahead
angry I hope you gave them what for

Knickers0nMahead Fri 09-Oct-09 21:44:08

I actually cried at them sad It was only the second time I had wallpapered and I had put so much effort into it.

CakeandFineWine Fri 09-Oct-09 21:45:40

did you get anything in response to your tears?

SweetNiblets Fri 09-Oct-09 21:48:12

Can they not colour match on the Dulux colour mixing paint?

CakeandFineWine Fri 09-Oct-09 21:51:43

apparently not hmm
What annoyed me even more is its there on brand of colour collections they are stopping and they were all friggin wearing colour collection t-shirts

Knickers0nMahead Fri 09-Oct-09 21:52:29

An half hearted apology.

supersalstrawberry Fri 09-Oct-09 21:52:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SweetNiblets Fri 09-Oct-09 21:54:53

A friend of mine took a cushion in recently and they matched the colour for her. The colour she wanted wasn't on any of their cards.

pooexplosions Sat 10-Oct-09 00:41:56

Yabu, sorry. Thats probably why it was on offer, and its up to you to make sure you hae enough, or to ask if they hae more. Pretty annoying alright, but not their responsibility really.

Rebeccadiamond Sat 10-Oct-09 00:53:58

YAB a bit U, as a reduced line might well be one that was being discontinued. You could maybe suggest that they could put a little label on the shelf telling people this was the case, so they could make sure people bought that last extra tin, just in case.

paisleyleaf Sat 10-Oct-09 00:58:04

Oh no!
I thought they could colour-match any colour.

NestaFiesta Sat 10-Oct-09 01:28:29

YANBU- B and Q are really annoying. We ordered a new kitchen and bathroom from them, and not one item could be delivered before SIX WEEKS. It came in 3 deliveries, they missed out about five items, and at least one packet of Aqualock flooring was damaged and needs replacing. Their design service is good but their installation rates are utterly scandalous- get a local guy to do it like we're doing.

lucky1979 Sat 10-Oct-09 10:40:47

They did my kitchen and bathroom and took 2 months (I lived in a one bedroom flat so not huge spaces to sort out), constantly delivered the wrong parts, on the wrong days, gouged holes in my laminate floor with dropped tiles, then had to come back no less than SIX times (with me having to take unpaid leave from work each time) to sort out problems ranging from leaking sink (hadn't bothered seal it) to using the wrong grouting for the tiles on the floors so it all dissolved the first time it got wet.

The staff were incompetent and unhelpful throughout.

I now avoid them like the plague.

helpYOUiWILL Sun 11-Oct-09 20:01:02

they took 2 years to finish our kitchen...... would never ever use them again.

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Sun 11-Oct-09 20:35:07

Just had a run in with them last week. Had bought some voile curtains in another branch and it turned out they were 20" shorter than display on packer. Returned to local branch customer services who said as they didn't stock them I had to return to other store. Asked I'd get correct size and told they didn't know stock levels at that branch and would have to go to store. Pointed out it was their mistake and could they phone other store to deliver replacement curtains. Said if would take a week. Asked to get my money back then but have ended up with credit note! WTF

CakeandFineWine Sun 11-Oct-09 21:17:13

well conclusive then B&Q are crap and generally IANBU Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now