Talk

Advanced search

to think it's hardly flipping arcane science to put a pigging loo roll on the pigging loo roll holder so it doesn't fall into the pigging loo

(21 Posts)
duchesse Fri 09-Oct-09 10:05:31

6 people in this house who are able to put the blinking on the holder. (I'll let the baby off that duty, she doesn't use loo roll yet)

1 person (me) does it.

Everybody else happy to balance the loo roll any old where, usually on top of the holder.

grrrrrrrrr

JeminTheDungeon Fri 09-Oct-09 10:07:30

I feel and share your pain grin.

It's the same in my house.

MmeGoblindt Fri 09-Oct-09 10:09:08

And how difficult is it to put the empty loo roll IN the bin. Not on TOP of the bin, in it?

Tombliboobs Fri 09-Oct-09 10:13:00

YANBU

I have the same problem as MmeGoblindt. When I come to tidying the bathroom cupboard out I usually find a stash of empty rolls, why they are not just put in the bathroom bin that is actually nearer to the toilet, will remain one of life's unsolved mysteries grin

MmeGoblindt Fri 09-Oct-09 10:18:31

Your family put the empties back in the cupboard? That is just weird.

I always say that the direction is good, but the loo roll needs to be 2 inches nearer the floor, ie. in the bloody bin.

BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Fri 09-Oct-09 10:19:50

My 8 YO DD changed the bog roll yesterday without being asked shock I'm still getting over it...

duchesse Fri 09-Oct-09 10:20:46

<idiot goes to loo. does business. looks up. Oh dear! no loo roll. Loo roll all gone. takes old roll off holder. wanders from loo with trousers around ankles to cupboard. puts roll down in cupboard to get better grip on both new roll and trousers that are now tripping idiot up. returns to loo to continue ablutions. balances roll on top of holder thinking to sort it out after sorting self out. being idiot, utterly forgets that loo roll ever existed as soon as finishes using. over next x days, assumes that since someone else (ie the materfamilias, whose job is, well, everything) has not put roll on holder, then it is now acceptable/ desirable to leave the feckin thing balanced.>

This is exercising me far too much.

Tombliboobs Fri 09-Oct-09 10:21:32

No. even worse Mme, it is my DH shock Even he can't understand it! grin

freakname Fri 09-Oct-09 10:29:59

ME TOO with the leaving the empty rolls out in Jenga style. They just pile up. I do it but sometimes I think surely someone else will do it? NO they don't.

We too have a bin nearby. AARRGGGG

gorionine Fri 09-Oct-09 10:33:25

Same complaint here! There also seem to be an unwritten rule that everyone should put their dirty clothes on the floor, centimeters away from the laundry basket but NEVER actually IN it!

MintyCane Fri 09-Oct-09 10:34:21

smile I know what you mean. No one ever opens the curtains except me either it is like living with a family of vampires.

freakname Fri 09-Oct-09 10:56:59

Imagine if we lived with ourselves how perfect our lives would be! grin

ZacharyQuack Fri 09-Oct-09 12:43:02

DD loves changing the loo roll. I often find all the paper from the current roll unravelled on the floor and a nice fresh roll proudly placed on the holder. And she puts the old roll (sans paper, which is of course on the floor) in the bin. [proud]

JeminTheDungeon Fri 09-Oct-09 12:47:42

grin at freakname!

I too have the pile of cardboard tubes build up thing...I sometimes let it all build up to see if anyone notices...I think I once got to 25 before it drove me crazy and I removed them.

BalloonSlayer Fri 09-Oct-09 12:53:25

Maybe they think the tubes should go in the recycling?

My DH is an avid recycler so I obediently wink leave the tubes out but hardly ever remenber to carry them downstairs and put them in the recycling bin. And of course, DH never does. So from time-to-time I just shove the buggers in the bin.

This is similar to DH's diktat that all ringpulls (like from cartons of orange juice)must be cut through with scissors otherwise they get stuck round birds' legs. Which means he leaves them all over the kitchen for me to cut and put in the bin so the poor birdie-wirdies are safer.

duchesse Fri 09-Oct-09 16:00:03

Am seriously trying to imagine the scenario in which a birdy of exactly the right size would be lurking around waiting to find a plastic ring to stick its foot into. If it finds it in a landfill, chances are that birdy wirdy is a filthy great seagull- wouldn't be able to fit its clumping great foot into one of those (think Cinderella's ugly stepsisters).

BalloonSlayer Fri 09-Oct-09 16:22:39

Oh it includes the plastic that holds six-packs of beer as well. He manages to cut those up himself. Bless wink.

Pikelit Fri 09-Oct-09 18:47:08

Whilst I accept that YANBU in expecting at least one person, other than you, to put a pigging roll of lavvie paper on the pigging holder, it is my long held belief that pigging bogroll holders were only put upon the earth to be a bone of contention. Hence I don't have one (or rather two, given the number of lavs).

WailingGhoshe Fri 09-Oct-09 18:52:17

Whipsers ............. There is a new roll on the holder.......... HOW DID IT GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duchesse Fri 09-Oct-09 18:57:00

Somebody in your house reading MN besides you? Something in the air? The loo roll pixies?

WailingGhoshe Fri 09-Oct-09 18:59:17

12 years and he has never done it before DGD is here but she is even less likely to have done it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now