Talk

Advanced search

to NOT turn up to a meeting scheduled for ...

(26 Posts)
kickassangel Fri 09-Oct-09 00:02:49

8 AM on Saturday!!

This is just so that some of us from the parent/teacher group can get to know each other.

Apparently it would be 'super' fi we could make it. I think it would be 'super' to still be in bed at that time.

AIBU?

Jacksmamwahahaha Fri 09-Oct-09 00:06:43

YA most certainly NBU!!

8 am on Saturday?????????

Who arranged this? Are they bringing coffee? Even if yes, no, thanks. Parent teacher meeting, whether you are the parent or the teacher, means you need to be tidied up and looking presentable. Factor in travel time and you're up at 6:30 or so. On a Saturday. <shudders>

famishedass Fri 09-Oct-09 00:07:11

who the fuck thought that one up

kickassangel Fri 09-Oct-09 00:08:27

i have politely declined by email!

MollieO Fri 09-Oct-09 00:10:16

Are you sure it is AM and not PM? Are they American (ime Americans like breakfast meetings).

kickassangel Fri 09-Oct-09 00:25:11

yes, am, and yes, american. even so, it is 'unusual' for a saturday, normally we meet in the evenings.
the lady who suggested this also uses 'super' quite a lot in her emails. (which sounds terribly british)

EverySingleStar Fri 09-Oct-09 00:27:57

I had a feeling actually when you said 'super' that they were American. Odd how we think opposite grin

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 09-Oct-09 00:31:46

I would have laughed in their face... seriously?

hahah

BiteOfFun Fri 09-Oct-09 00:32:43

It might be "super" in LA in bright sunshine , but anywhere else, sorry, stick it where the sun don't shine...

kickassangel Fri 09-Oct-09 00:36:46

we are living where the sun don't shine! at least, not in winter.

ninagleams Fri 09-Oct-09 00:37:06

There is no way that you are being unreasonable. The person who arranged this is probably clinically insane.

Pikelit Fri 09-Oct-09 00:53:28

8am? On a Saturday? Havin' a larf, isn't it?
Quite frankly, anyone who thinks this is a sensible time to convene a "get to know each other" gathering isn't anyone I'd want to get to know.

sunnydelight Fri 09-Oct-09 00:57:47

It's the kind of thing an Australian would do in Summer (pretty safe in the knowledge that the sun would be splitting the stones by then and most of the parents would have been up since 5am anyway).

Very strange though if the weather isn't fab though. You have my permission to stay in bed grin

kickassangel Fri 09-Oct-09 01:30:19

i don't think many people would want to know what i'm like at that time on a saturday. i'm not a morning person.

JustAnotherManicMummy Fri 09-Oct-09 01:59:31

I don't even go to work at 8am in the week when I am being paid to.

Perhaps you misunderstood and Superwoman is planning an all night bender, starting on the Friday and culminating in the 8am meeting? wink

motheringfrights Fri 09-Oct-09 02:04:08

Not in my neighbourhood, sunnydelight! I am usually out of bed before 8 on a Saturday, but only because I have to drag my sorry arse to some farflung field to watch one of my children play sport.

No sport = no way am I getting out to something at 8am on a Saturday!

YANBU OP.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 09-Oct-09 09:14:47

YANBU, but I'd go. I am generally up by 6 weekday or weekend. it makes my dh extremely happy that he gets the long lay on saturdays and sundays.

EccentricaGallumbats Fri 09-Oct-09 09:17:31

even if i'm up i don't think anyone would want to get to know me at 8am. i'm not nice in the middle of the night.

freakname Fri 09-Oct-09 16:32:05

YANBU

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 09-Oct-09 16:41:33

Will there be bacon sandwiches?

ChilloHippi Fri 09-Oct-09 16:43:13

YANBU. There is no way I would be there.

BloodshotEyeballs Fri 09-Oct-09 16:46:04

Vague possibility of me attending if there was going to be a big fry up, lovely fresh pastries and loads of it. But I would go home and go back to bed afterwards

Otherwise not a cat in hell's chance.

MrsChemist Fri 09-Oct-09 16:46:37

Good question Bob.
If there was to be free bacon sandwiches and free coffee I might go along.
Definitely if there was also free black pudding with the bacon sandwiches.

Katisha Fri 09-Oct-09 16:47:39

hahahaha
is anyone actually going??

kickassangel Sun 11-Oct-09 02:20:15

update - dh came home last night & announced eh was going out for the day, leaving at 8 am (this was ok, had sort of been planned & was waiting for good weather), so I'd have had to be up & dressed with dd ready to take with me.

AND ... well, I had a 'wine club' meeting on Fri night.

SO no, I didn't make it. In fact, today may have been a bit of a 'duvet day', with me letting dd watch a dvd so i could sleep off my hangover rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now