Talk

Advanced search

to not buy ds2 a birthday present?

(8 Posts)
Kerrymumbles Thu 08-Oct-09 22:16:40

He is having his party at softplay and wants a quazar party. Fair enough but then the number of kids started adding up and now it's going to cost me and his father (ex) over 200 freaking euro for the party alone. So I told him, you want a quazar party and you want to invite all these kids then we can't afford to get you a present as well. You'll get loads of presents from your friends.

aibu?

Tortington Thu 08-Oct-09 22:17:47

no - it was the kids choice - but it was either pressie or party not both

Hulababy Thu 08-Oct-09 22:17:53

YANBU if he got to chose between present and party. If he chose party, than that can be his gift from you.

ConnorTraceptive Thu 08-Oct-09 22:18:13

seems reasonable to me. how old is he?

Kerrymumbles Thu 08-Oct-09 22:19:02

yes that's what I told him and ds1 this year. One or the other. Well, initially I said to ds2 you can have a party but only a very small, under 20 euro present from your father and I but that went out the window when he wanted to invite 2 more kids.

Kerrymumbles Thu 08-Oct-09 22:19:28

he will be 7.

ds1 is opting out of party this year. present instead. he will be 11

skybright Thu 08-Oct-09 22:55:45

I have set a limit for both my girls from around this age (they are now 11 and 14) of £200,they can spend it on what they want,all presents,big party or half and half which is what they generally do.Seems to work well for us.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 09-Oct-09 17:06:30

yanbu

the party can be his gift from you

as you said he will get lots of useless tat pressies from his party

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now