Talk

Advanced search

to think that the conductor in my old choir must have paid somone to wite a nice letter about him in local newspaper

(5 Posts)
galaxymummy Thu 08-Oct-09 22:14:39

I was flabbagasted to read a sycophantic letter praising as humorous my old conductor who was a bloodsucking deatheater and made me feel not like singing... ever
I thought I was paranoid and finally made a move this year , what a difference, enjoying music again then this odd letter with photo in local mag , perhaps my cold is getting to me ??

seeyounexttuesday Thu 08-Oct-09 22:18:04

was it his obituary? He probably wrote it himself

Lilymaid Thu 08-Oct-09 22:21:08

Choir conductors seem to come in two main types - the nice ones (lose their temper very rarely, understand what the choir can do, generally encouraging) and the egotistical sarcastic kind that destroy everyone's confidence (e.g. the ones who get each row in turn to stand up to sing something so he can humiliate someone who is singing wrong).
The answer is for the choir to give them the cold shoulder - this worked in a major choir I belonged to that saw off two "well known" egotistical b**rds foisted on us by the management. Of course, they will then go off somewhere else, get themselves some publicity etc. but they are off your back and you may be able to enjoy your hobby.

galaxymummy Thu 08-Oct-09 22:27:16

See you next tuesday you made me laugh which was fun I wonder if I might see you next tuesday?
do you sing ?
lilymaid
could not get rid of said sycophantic.. ba...rd as he was like fleas on a cats back with current chair
I am just so pleased to have a nice one

seeyounexttuesday Fri 09-Oct-09 10:05:20

i was in a church choir once as a child. Terrible singer though, worse than some xfactor auditionees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now