Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to complain about the shocking spelling and grammar in a maths test?

(14 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbats Thu 08-Oct-09 18:50:13

It was a particularly shit test. I failed it 3 times before roping in DH and DD to help, at which point I passed it.
In my defence I got sidetracked by the shocking usage of random commas and spelling mistakes.
I have e-mailed my teacher to complain.
AIBU?

pasturesnew Thu 08-Oct-09 18:53:35

No, at best it is distracting and at worst could confuse the meaning of the question. Well done on passing anyway!

cat64 Thu 08-Oct-09 18:56:28

Message withdrawn

EccentricaGallumbats Thu 08-Oct-09 19:13:55

oh fuck off

Rachmumoftwo Thu 08-Oct-09 19:20:35

Did you tell your teacher you cheated?

EccentricaGallumbats Thu 08-Oct-09 19:23:38

fuck fuck fuck off.

it wasn't cheating, it was a little bit of help. actually neither of them were any help at all and just made me cross by interfering.

I am now feeling particularly grumpy about thewhole thing. it was hellish.

cat64 Thu 08-Oct-09 19:34:39

Message withdrawn

Rachmumoftwo Thu 08-Oct-09 20:29:39

You are grumpy aren't you? Unless you are trying to be witty and entertaining, of course, and failing.

EccentricaGallumbats Thu 08-Oct-09 20:30:58

it has hit a chord and left me a bit tetchy and not my usual witty and charming self, it is true.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 08-Oct-09 20:32:51

What was the test for?

EccentricaGallumbats Thu 08-Oct-09 20:34:33

NMC numeracy requirement.

yes i should be able to add up so I don't poison people and I do know the right sort of formulae to stop me killing people most of the time but this was utterly horrible. poorly designed, bad spelling and very very hard.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 08-Oct-09 20:38:27

How can you get help for that? I mean, how is it set up so that you can get help with it? What's the point of the test in that case?

EccentricaGallumbats Thu 08-Oct-09 20:42:34

was on-line. i had DH and DD leanig over calling out useful hints and tips. it didn't help and made me cross.

i could have asked you lot for the answers, or googled it or something so not an accurate test and not a good judgement of anyone's numeracy skills. just an exercise in useless yet time consuming rubbish things the NMC demand.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 08-Oct-09 20:44:34

Is it required for registration? If so, they need to tighten up their procedures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now