Talk

Advanced search

to just want to escape and live somewhere sunny

(19 Posts)
toilettissuewonder Thu 08-Oct-09 11:27:51

really? am I being a bit daft?

LittleOneMum Thu 08-Oct-09 11:35:09

YANBU. I think this all the time. it doesn't have to be anywhere posh, just sunny and by the sea... grin

toilettissuewonder Thu 08-Oct-09 11:38:44

that's what I think too.
it's so depressing here when the weather changes. I hate it.

boodeniites Thu 08-Oct-09 11:43:48

i know it can be awful and i do sympathise but i love it! crisp Autumn mornings Frosty winter days all glittery its beautiful here sunny and chilly just now i have all the doors and windows open to let in the fresh air >>>>breathe

toilettissuewonder Thu 08-Oct-09 11:45:17

ahh that sounds lovely.

maybe it's just my frame of mind....

it will all get better it will!

crazylizzy Thu 08-Oct-09 11:46:13

YABNU. It might not be so bad if we ever have an effing Summer to start with hmm

Morloth Thu 08-Oct-09 11:46:37

I am on a count down to July. I have enjoyed the UK immensely, but if I don't get some damned sun and space soon I am going to go mental.

Cappuccinos on Manly beach...

toilettissuewonder Thu 08-Oct-09 11:49:23

Manly! I so want to go there....

At this rate the only place I will get to is Bognor (which I am sure is lovely)

Come and join me all on my sunny island. I can hear Club Tropicana playing.....

diddl Thu 08-Oct-09 11:50:34

Of course YANBU.

I´d love to, but don´t like it when it´s really hot.

My ideal would be to be away Oct-April.

Themasterandmargaritas Thu 08-Oct-09 11:50:55

You can have some of my sun. Send me some rain in return.

6feetundertheGroundhogs Thu 08-Oct-09 11:51:16

Been there, done that.. be AWFULLY careful what you wish for....

Sweat rash literally rotting your flesh off.... waking in the night cos sweat has rolled into your ears (EWWWW!) 365 day a year mosquitos...

And don't (please) get me started on the locals... Frigging ALIENS, the lot of em...

I don't care if it pissed down every single day for a year, I'm giving thanks to God every single day that I'm here in a wet, inclement country. It makes our glorious land the green it is, not a filthy dustbowl.

I'm with you Boodenitites, there is NOTHING on this earth better than a bitingly crisp morning, sun out, and you can see your breath, Silver frosting on everything, and tingling fingers and toes... Ooh, I can't wait!

oranges Thu 08-Oct-09 11:52:43

WOw, 6 feetunder, I'm sure the aliens are glad you've come back too.

toilettissuewonder Thu 08-Oct-09 11:56:41

well I don't want to be anywhere with any kind of skin rot going on but, i don't know somewhere with the climate of, say, florida in winter time....
come join me, we'll make a MN enclave....

duchesse Thu 08-Oct-09 12:02:17

YANBU. Am already planning retirement somewhere near Avignon in a house with a wisteria over the door, blue shutters and a mimosa in the garden for winter flowers and fragrance.

francaghostohollywood Thu 08-Oct-09 12:06:29

I'm in Italy, want to come over? I lived in the UK 8 yrs, and never got used to the rain and the wind. But when the sun shines, England is one of the most beautiful places in the world smile

OrmIrian Thu 08-Oct-09 12:07:34

It's bloody lovely here today smile

Blue sky, bright sunshine, trees starting to get their autumn colour.

I love this time of year.

oranges Thu 08-Oct-09 12:11:34

I love autumn too, and the crispness of English weather.

6feetundertheGroundhogs Thu 08-Oct-09 12:17:47

Oranges - oh yes they were delighted...

In 40 days, 19 individual married women have been pursuing my DH who's packing up to get us all finally home and together in one place. Why? because they know i'm not around and they can try and fulfill his 'needs', and get some money, a mobile, a nightdress off him....They didn't get anywhere though... Just yelled at, and shown the door. DH is literally in shock and can't pack fast enough, he's home in a few weeks (Yeeay!)

It'll be a cold day in hell before I set foot in that open insane asylum...

I'm not being dramatic, honest I'm not, that place literally was and is INSANE... Like a living depression... I'm still suffering mild agoraphobia because of it.

toilettissuewonder Thu 08-Oct-09 13:57:41

6, where on earth were you? sounds like hell.

I however just want to be somewhere by a pool. quiet. read a book. kids taken care of. peace in my mind. and no more worrying.
oh that's too much to ask for!!!

so, instead I shall be content with the sunny weather here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: