Talk

Advanced search

to cancel my appointment?

(15 Posts)
OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Wed 07-Oct-09 09:14:45

I have an appointment booked at 12 for a filling.

I really dont want to go

Would I be unreasonable to cancel the appointment and stay at home and sulk?

diddl Wed 07-Oct-09 09:16:19

Yes!

Get it done out of the way!

borderslass Wed 07-Oct-09 09:17:26

Usually have to give 24 hours notice or get a charge BU to the dentist who could of seen someone else.

Littlefish Wed 07-Oct-09 09:17:35

Don't cancel it. Go and get it done.

If you don't, it will start hurting, then the tooth will rot, then it will fall out and you will be left with a huge, unsightly gap.

grin

There. Has that convinced you? grin grin

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Wed 07-Oct-09 09:30:15

RatherBe Wed 07-Oct-09 09:55:15

Littlefish - you forgot about the potentially fatal septicaemia that could be caused by the rot! grin

Littlefish Wed 07-Oct-09 12:36:58

grin

Onlywants - I hope you are at the dentist as we speak!

jasper Wed 07-Oct-09 13:04:09

YES! But I am a dentist so biased grin

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Wed 07-Oct-09 16:34:35

I did it - I went, I survived.
My lovely dentist, who is greek and barely speaks any english injected my nerve, my face has only just stopped being nump 4 hours after.

Had two fillings, one at the back which isnt a white filling and one in one of my front teeth, where I had my brace for so long (5 years!) and caused damage to the enamel.

thank you for making me go

motheroftwoboys Wed 07-Oct-09 16:39:13

next time you go try sedation. It is brilliant. You have it in your arm then you often don't need to anything in your mouth at all. I am A Very (Stupidly) Nervous Patient and it works for me.

AnnVan Wed 07-Oct-09 17:36:27

Good for you. My MIL never goes to the dentist and she has hardly any teeth left. I can't understand, as she must be inso much pain from the rotting stumps that are left. ANd now of course it would probably be major work to remove what's left so she still won't go. Dental health is soo important.

RatherBe Wed 07-Oct-09 17:50:20

Well done, OnlyWantsOne!

6feetundertheGroundhogs Wed 07-Oct-09 18:20:17

Good for you!

When i got back home to UK, my tooth decided after 2 yrs of the filling crumbling and not giving me the slightest twinge, to start to hurt... oh did it ever hurt.

Of course I didn't have a registered dentist, so tried to get an emergency appointment... 3 days of trying to call the hotline, got through once, only to get cut off.. So Mums DH got me an appointment at his dentist(private uptheirownarses-- practice) All in all cost me best part of £300. HATED the stroppy rude and up themselves receptionists.. Dentist was nice enough, but one of those people that while you are telling him your history peppers your speech with hmm hmm hmm hmm, yes, yes, yes, the whole time you are talking....

NowI have found a subsidised dental surgery, has free parking, lovely dentists, hygienists, wonderful old offices (old oast house!!) And the filling the private practice told me would cost me £200? Turned out to be a Root Canal job, and so far I've paid £25... Think it'll be about the same for the rest of the work...

Oh, BTW, if you don't like the injection needle going in.... try what I did just before I went in to the chair... rubbed some lidocaine based teething gel!!!! It works long enough for you not to feel anything, until you don't feel anything.. IYCWIM!! grin

Finally got

ChunkyMonkeysMum Wed 07-Oct-09 19:02:34

Good for you for going !!!

I, on the other hand, am a bloody wimp little bit scared of going to the Dentist, and have on a few occasions, cancelled my appointments at the last minute blush

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Wed 07-Oct-09 22:46:40

it was Ok as DP came with me. I made him promise not to go all solicitor on me and start preeching about professional indemnity to the poor Dentist...

Was ok, not too bad, fucking hurts now though in the back jaw bit where the injection was, guess its bruised.

Wooo will need 2 more fillings in the next 6 months. Will be brave. I promise.

Dont want to be sedated. I have real issues about not being in control. I don't drink it scares me silly to get tipsy. Couldnt handle it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now