Talk

Advanced search

Possibly. Do you think DD's teacher was being 'off' or do you think I'm oversensitive?

(10 Posts)
RealityBites Tue 06-Oct-09 09:37:21

Message withdrawn

paranoidandconfused Tue 06-Oct-09 09:40:39

I would have sent her aswell tbh

I sent dd (age3) to nursery last week with a bad cold and was a bit hmm about whether I was right to or not but when we got there they all had it anyway wink

bamboostalks Tue 06-Oct-09 09:40:47

Do not waste your time tryinmg to read anything into it. It is a nothing comment, meaningless as the teacher will have been thinking about several other things.

spongebrainmaternitypants Tue 06-Oct-09 09:40:58

I think you're being hugely over sensitive tbh! grin Colds are an occupational hazard of being a teacher - but please teach her to cover her mouth when she coughs/sneezes! grin

Acinonyx Tue 06-Oct-09 09:41:24

I think it was just a throw-away casual comment with no great meaning.

''If I kept DD off every time she had a cold she would never be in school.'' This is my thinking exactly.

edam Tue 06-Oct-09 09:42:58

Maybe teacher is fed up of coughing children but thing is you are quite right, if parents kept kids at home during cold season she'd never have a full class!

Saw a dad yesterday walking up to school at home time with his son who is in ds's class. Boy was very energetic, heading footballs and running around - but dad said he was off school with a cold. I was rather surprised esp. when dad said the older boy had had a week off with a really nasty cold so the little one kind of deserved a bit of TLC. hmm

RealityBites Tue 06-Oct-09 09:53:47

Message withdrawn

PeedOffWithNits Tue 06-Oct-09 14:05:41

a cold is one thing,if they are well enough in themselves - but you actually sent her to school with the runs??

RealityBites Tue 06-Oct-09 15:06:18

Message withdrawn

Rocky12 Tue 06-Oct-09 15:11:21

Dont worry, you can be standing next to someone at the supermarket, on the tube or in a meeting and you end up catching a cold. My mother (an old reception school teacher) NEVER catches a cold EVER. She says it is down to the strong immunity she got teaching kids over the years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now