Talk

Advanced search

to think that £60 is a tad too much for a birthing nightie?

(12 Posts)
rubytwokids Mon 05-Oct-09 21:33:51

I think I have now seen it all: the Womama Birthing Wrap Apparently it is 'the only clothing designed specifically for labour and birth, allowing you to feel comfortable and feminine on your special day.'

Hmm...I had quite positive birth experiences, but neither of them scored highly on the comfort or femininity scale. I'm not sure a £59.99 dress would have changed that. hmm

Really, to buy this, you'd have a be a touch...over-optimistic, wouldn't you? Both times, I wore a cheapo nightie from Peacocks or similar and both were binned straight after the event, being as how they each looked like evidence from a violent crime-scene. I like the way it is available in Black or significant bloodloss raspberry: very thoughtful.

SolidGhoulBrass Mon 05-Oct-09 21:37:58

FFS you'd have to be a bit mental to buy something like that. Everyone knows that whatever you wear to birth in will be covered in gunk and sweat and blood and other stuff by the end - if you haven't thrown up on it or shat on it as well, count yourself lucky.

Mind you, having carefully selected a dreadful old t-shirt which was already stained with hair dye, after the birth I actually laundered the thing and it's in DS memory box along with the first babygro he wore..... hmm

lockets Mon 05-Oct-09 21:40:34

Message withdrawn

2kidzandi Mon 05-Oct-09 21:40:49

Every pregnant woman deserves a little black dress to birth in! hmm Like some kind of date or something? Bring the champagne too then?? hmm

lockets Mon 05-Oct-09 21:41:47

Message withdrawn

tobago04 Mon 05-Oct-09 21:44:35

YANBU thats why this is the third thread about thisgrin

rubytwokids Mon 05-Oct-09 22:52:35

Whoops - sorry! blush and a guilty grin

pranma Tue 06-Oct-09 18:01:25

My dd asked if I had an old nightshirt[me size 18 her size 10]for her to give birth in.I had and she did!

HKT Tue 06-Oct-09 18:09:34

I wore an ancient, comfy nightie to give birth in, and in all probability, wore the same nightie whilst conceiving the dc's blush

NestaFiesta Wed 07-Oct-09 16:22:25

A Little Black dress to give birth in? Don't make me laugh. I feel especially annoyed at the pretty model looking all wistful and pretty- that's how I looked mid labour (NOT).

Like rubytwokids I bought two cheapo nighties (which wasn't enough as I had to send them home with DH to launder). Said nightie spent much time under my armpits during emergency section. My husband said I could wear it again afterwards and use it as a contraceptive!

AnnVan Wed 07-Oct-09 20:20:12

oh good god. THe 'inspirational poem' is actually puke-inducing!I think I have seen a thread about this before though grin Still the mind boggles at A Little Black Dress to give birth in. I gave birth in the buff blushgrin and had a cheapo nightie to put on after.

Rebeccadiamond Wed 07-Oct-09 20:28:52

This is me showing my class. £60 would be expensive for a top or trousers/skirt for me. Maybe for a nice dress that might be standard. Something that won't be admired by anybody, and used for less than 24 hours (unless a boil wash is very successful!)then no way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now