Talk

Advanced search

To be very tired of my 2yo incessantly saying 'Mum, waff me liss, waff me liss'?

(12 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Mon 05-Oct-09 08:37:14

Flippin' heck!

I need some more imaginative responses than just 'ooh, lovely darling', 'yes, I am watching you', 'ooh, well done!'.

Thank goodness I know they grow out of it eventually, and also that I can survive this delightful phase, having done it twice before.

MrsBadger Mon 05-Oct-09 08:42:43

extension

like when you are reading a dull point-and-say book and rather than saying 'where's the lion, well done, where's the ball, well done' you say 'what noise does the lion make, what colour is the ball' etc

try 'can you do it with a hat on? can teddy do it too? can you draw a picture of you doing it?'

FlamingoBingo Mon 05-Oct-09 08:44:21

I don't want to encourage it, MrsBadger! shock

How would I get any MNing done?

snigger Mon 05-Oct-09 09:00:04

Stuff it, I'm going to start saying "waff me liss" - I like it grin

It's in the far reaches of memory now, but as I recall, on the days when I wasn't allowed to mute the noise with gin, I just started speaking back in complete jaberwocky, eg:

DD : "Waff me liss?"

Mummy : "Nurkle the fricklepeg"

DD : hmm

You then get a 45 second interlude.

Yorky Mon 05-Oct-09 09:08:00

Is one allowed to "nurkle the fricklepeg" in front of children, given the current climate?

MrsBadger Mon 05-Oct-09 09:14:36

of course! how are you nurkling your fricklepeg? hmm

(Nb my suggestions are also designed to cause deep thought and buy time rather than involve you in any way...)

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 09:19:07

grin

I am fed up with 'More morky eh? Moremorkyeh?'

It makes him sound really lecherous. He is only 28 months old.

FlamingoBingo Mon 05-Oct-09 09:54:50

grin at nurkle the fricklepeg - will definitely try that one!

But she calls me 'mum'! Not 'mummy'! She's copying her older sisters, but it is very cute to hear it coming out of a tiny 2yo's mouth grin

And the constant running commentary on everything:

"Me wee loo, mum"

"Me bobo burp, mum"

"Me ungring, mum"

Me ise, mum"

"Me rawing, mum"

"Me rying, mum"

and my most favourite: "Me bobo burp my mouse, mum"

Betya can't work that last one out!

TrillianSlasher Mon 05-Oct-09 10:03:56

I'm sure the world is full of mothers wishing their children would still call them mummy as they get older, but 'mum' from a 2 year old sounds cute.

Waff me liss = watch me what?

<dosn't speak toddler>

FlamingoBingo Mon 05-Oct-09 10:11:31

Watch me this, trillian ie. watch me do this, or listen to me do this.

Very few people speak flamingo toddler - only a select few who are with her day in day out grin

DH still spends about five minutes asking her what she's saying when she's telling him she's hungry hmm

And, mum from a 2yo does sound cute. She's very little for her age too, so is even cuter smile.

Actually, I'm telling a bit of a lie - I just realised she's closer to 3 than 2 sad. 3 in December! shock

Undercovamutha Mon 05-Oct-09 10:12:07

My 3yo has sussed that I'm not really listening when I say 'oooh', 'very good', 'thats great' etc. She now gets very cross if she hasn't got 100% full attention and eye contact! (she HATES MN!)

blueywhite Mon 05-Oct-09 10:20:23

Flamingo

Aaah,cute!

You're taking me back to happy days (dd now 11)

<melting heart moments>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now