Talk

Advanced search

to have wanted to say something?

(11 Posts)
Ewe Sun 04-Oct-09 21:51:09

On train back from London yesterday and overheard a conversation between three young teen boys, as follows.

Boy1: Lucy just text me, I am definitely going to rape her tonight

Boy2: You think she is that fit?

Boy1: Yeah, really want to rape her

Boy2: I prefer Becky I think <long ramble about the things he wants to do to Becky>

They were probably about 12/13, were well spoken, Jack Wills wearing types. I am sure (hoping) he didn't actually mean rape but meant sex. I was really tempted to say something but was on my own with 18mnth old DD and couldn't really think of a sentence I could leave as a parting shot about it.

Would you have said anything? If so, what? I wanted to shake some respect into them! I am sure it was a bravado thing but it made my skin crawl.

herjazz Sun 04-Oct-09 21:53:36

ewwwwwww

yeah I think I prob would have said something. Tho they most likely would have just sniggered back fuck offy sorts of stuff

Meglet Sun 04-Oct-09 21:54:00

I would have said something if I was on my own without the dc's. Not shouted at them, just a few words.

Ewe Sun 04-Oct-09 21:57:29

I wanted to ask them if they really understood what they were saying but as you say, I suspect they would have just told me to fuck off!

Quattrocento Sun 04-Oct-09 21:59:21

Yes, I get irritated when young unsuse the word 'text' when they mean 'texted'.

StealthPolarBear Sun 04-Oct-09 22:00:28

shock can't believe the word's used that lightly (at least I hope that's what was happening)

Paolosgirl Sun 04-Oct-09 22:02:41

I get slightly more irritated by the use of rape than text/ed

It would depend how belligerent I was feeling, but tbh some 40 year old, finger wagging matron would have probably given them a good excuse to snigger and exercise their vile vocabularly even further. I hope their adult selves look back in shame.

VicarInaBooTu Sun 04-Oct-09 22:21:32

i use a train 5 days a week at the min and the number of vile kids on trains means id be doing nowt but giving stiff words of advice

instead i stick my ipod on and ignore the stupid little feckers.

glucose Sun 04-Oct-09 22:24:19

I [shocked] with you. I think I would have said in a very loud voice to my DD, like lets get away from these nasty boys.

Portofino Sun 04-Oct-09 22:28:03

They're probably just mouthy and ignorant rather than full of evil intentions. I bet Becky, whoever she is, has far more sense and could dismiss them with a withering glance.

Portofino Sun 04-Oct-09 22:28:44

Or Lucy even.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now