Talk

Advanced search

to expect Clark's shoes to last longer than 4 weeks of school?

(5 Posts)
clam Sun 04-Oct-09 16:13:30

Bought DD some size 3 ballet-pump-style shoes from Clark's. They were technically an adult style, as she didn't want what she perceived as a babyish strap across the instep. I reluctantly agreed to buy them as they fitted well around the heel and weren't slipping on her feet at all or causing her to splay her toes to keep them on.
Anyway, 4 weeks into term and they are scuffed beyond belief - the upper leather has peeled off all round the toes and heel area. Clark's say that as they're not children's shoes, they're not designed for everyday wear. However DD is in Year 7, and just chilling with her mates at breaktimes in school - highly unlikely to have been kicking a football around in them.
Surely they should have lasted longer than this?

Furball Sun 04-Oct-09 16:15:41

Take them back, in my experience Clarks very good at returns/refunds.

Just go in quite meekly rather than peeved. smile

janeite Sun 04-Oct-09 16:33:53

Take them back - they have changed ladies' shoes for me several times when I thought they had worn badly.

underactivethyroidmum Sun 04-Oct-09 17:04:52

Take them back - ask for a replacement or refund as under section 14 Sale of Goods Act the shoes are not fit for the purpose they were designed for - ie they are neither durable or of satisfactory quality. If they refuse tell them you'll let trading standards advise you further and demand the name of the shop manager !

clam Sun 04-Oct-09 17:38:58

Wow, thyroid, you're scary! But thanks all. I did take them back, and they have exchanged them, but they were a bit hmm as if to say "what did I expect, they're not designed for children." But I maintained that she'd worn them in much the same way as I would have as an adult.
Thing is, we've ended up with an identical pair (as DD could not see any others she liked) so we may well end up with the same problem in another 4 weeks' time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now