Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming after this?

(41 Posts)
branaire Sat 03-Oct-09 23:48:29

A few days ago I emailed my mother and father a few recent photos of DD (16 weeks), including one of her where she was sharing a bath with DH, her dad. On speaking to the folks, my mother's first comment was that she hoped that DH was wearing trunks in the bath with DD, implying that to do otherwise was indecent or "not right" in some way.

This was on the morning that the awful nursery paedophile story hit the news. I keep trying to justify this in my mind as her typically overreacting but tbh, I was completely shock and am now angry

AIBU? Help please

2shoes Sat 03-Oct-09 23:50:05

yanbu
bizarre

mamas12 Sat 03-Oct-09 23:50:21

She is over reacting and you sound perfectly normal in your defensiveness.

ModernWank Sat 03-Oct-09 23:50:26

YANBU

HAve you asked her why she said that?

pjmama Sat 03-Oct-09 23:52:53

What is she getting at?! I'd be furious at her for making such a loaded and totally uncalled for remark.

TeeteringOnTheEdge Sat 03-Oct-09 23:52:56

YANBU about husband and baby in bath.

But why on earth would you send a naked pic of your husband to your mother?

Hando Sat 03-Oct-09 23:53:49

Oh how odd! What a strange thing to say!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bathing with your children, mums with their sons and dads with their daughters included. No trunks / protective clothing is necessary! smile

kitkatqueen Sat 03-Oct-09 23:54:09

sorry but i'm with tote hmm

onebatmother Sat 03-Oct-09 23:54:46

Madness. Plants horrid thoughts.
I'd tell her that - gently - and ask her what on earth trunks would have prevented

Hando Sat 03-Oct-09 23:55:01

Teetering, I'm guessing the photo didn't actually show the DH's crown jewels or even below the waist as op's mother asked if he was wearing trunks.

BiteOfFun Sat 03-Oct-09 23:58:36

I'd be fuming too- what a nasty implication! I would have to say something. And I wouldn't be emailing any more pics either.

TheCrackFox Sun 04-Oct-09 00:05:09

Does your baby have to wear a bikini too?

I would be pissed off too.

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 00:07:18

And what about when dh baths her when he isn't in the tub with her?!?!?!? WTF

This is the sort of stuff that makes my dh nervous!

slimeoncrazydemon Sun 04-Oct-09 00:12:56

Message withdrawn

branaire Sun 04-Oct-09 00:23:06

The photo was of DD and all you could see of DH were his feet really.

I haven't spoken to DM since. At first, she wouldn't elaborate beyond blustering about it being "not right". The sainted DH says that he can only believe that DM is from a generation where children never saw their parents without clothes. hmm I'll definitely think twice before emailing photos again.

ModernWank Sun 04-Oct-09 00:26:43

LOL @ 'The sainted DH says that he can only believe that DM is from a generation where children never saw their parents without clothes.'

WEll, it was very very cold in the ye olden days.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:27:05

oh tell her to go do one ffs its people like her who make dads panic over sod all!!!

groundhogs Sun 04-Oct-09 00:29:26

I have no idea why i did it myself.. but when DS went though an 'I hate baths' stage, i donned my cossie on I think, 2 or 3 occasions to get in with him....

I'm still no wiser why i did that, and he was only 3 or 4 months old... blush

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:32:47

lol DS1 is 11 and would love to jump in shower with me...

ModernWank Sun 04-Oct-09 00:32:48

I once attempted to have a bath with ds1 when he was a baby. I don't know how anyone does it really. It was really awkward sitting in the bath and trying to bathe him at the same time. He screamed the place down anyway, probably thinking, 'for gods sake woman, put some clothes on!'

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:33:27

awwwwwwwwwwwww MW I doubt it!!!!!!

GibbonInARibbon Sun 04-Oct-09 00:42:12

My first attempt at earth mother bath (DD a week old) ended up in me covered in poo, from head to foot. It's as you stand up you see, once the little darling has shat in the bath (how vulgar, apologies) it clings to you.

DH was in tears laughing and I was still hormonal and wailing. As you can imagine we decided against capturing that one for our family album.

ModernWank Sun 04-Oct-09 00:42:53

PMSL!

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:43:39

ohh thats why i only shower with ds2 and have always done.

ModernWank Sun 04-Oct-09 00:45:20

Actually I remember having a bath with my cousin when i was little. She was still a baby, and it was fine until I noticed the huge log floating towards me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now