Talk

Advanced search

To be really pissed off an shocked by the mum who has stolen the money from the childrens fundraising

(17 Posts)
QuintessentialShadowOfDoom Sat 03-Oct-09 15:17:49

angry and angry

She volunteered to administer the sale of the scratch cards for our football team. 7 year old boys were walking from door to door selling scratch cards to raise money for the club. The silly thieving MOO has pocketed the lot, and still have the audacity to show up with her child and smile and chat on the side lines. Poor boy. Poor poor boy.

KIMItheThreadSlayer Sat 03-Oct-09 15:20:21

Report her to the police

famishedass Sat 03-Oct-09 15:20:43

Were the police informed?

QuintessentialShadowOfDoom Sat 03-Oct-09 15:21:46

She will be reported this week. She has had since 30th of June to pay the money in. She hasnt.

VirginiaLoveGlove Sat 03-Oct-09 15:23:00

angry for you. we had a similar thing in our estate about 3 yrs ago. it is a small estate and i think no one now really speaks to the couple who pocketed the money.

i recently raised money for a charity in the Dem Rep of Congo and it made me feel mildly embarrassed to ask people to donate. now I will be giving a copy of the receipt to everyone who donated.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 03-Oct-09 15:23:26

She stole the money and then still showed her face shock

famishedass Sat 03-Oct-09 15:30:42

Cheeky aren't some people. She probably actually thinks she's got away with it and that she'll be able to fob people off with excuses and they'll eventually forget.

She'll have a shock when the police come knocking at her door.

QuintessentialShadowOfDoom Sat 03-Oct-09 15:30:45

She probably reckoned the club would not make it public. And in a way, they havent. An email went out yesterday explaining it all, how the club account was overdrawn and in debt as the money from the scratchard sales had not been paid into the account by the person in charge. We all know who was in charge. My phone has been buzzing today, and the gossip mongers are having a field day.

Poor her son on monday, there are several children from the football club in his class.

PeedOffWithNits Sat 03-Oct-09 15:32:14

if she stole the money she surely would not come back?

surely she is just taking ages to pay in/hand over or whatever?

is there any proof anywhere of how much she had or anything?

famishedass Sat 03-Oct-09 15:32:17

sad - hope the kid's OK though It's not his fault.

QuintessentialShadowOfDoom Sat 03-Oct-09 15:33:35

£600. Imagine making yourself into a thief over £600, and make serious damage to your reputation for that.

elmofan Sat 03-Oct-09 15:43:16

sad for her son though , has anyone asked her why she has not paid the money in ?

KimiTheThreadSlayingAxeKiller Sat 03-Oct-09 15:46:47

Is she in dire need of money do you think?

TheCrackFox Sat 03-Oct-09 16:02:05

She has a nerve. shock

tinkerbellesmuse Sat 03-Oct-09 16:25:37

Has anyone spoke to her about why she hasn't paid the money in?

Seems a bit odd to me hmm

PeedOffWithNits Sat 03-Oct-09 16:29:39

£600 is a lot to someone in dire straits, recession and all that. I am NOT excusing her if it IS stolen, just wonder whther she was tempted to borrow some, got a bit out of hand and now doesn't know what to do or say. or is genuinely laid back and has it all safe at home and not got round to it yet?

QuintessentialShadowOfDoom Sat 03-Oct-09 16:44:15

I reckon it IS borrowing that got out of hand. According to the grapevine, which I never listen to by the way, she lost her job in the supermarket this summer for having her hand in the till. But, as I never listen to gossip, I dont know that. But in any event, it is not a good situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now