You'll be doing it again
Old jobs out there waiting
Boss says please come back again
But nice childminder lady
With the play pen
Wants eleven pounds an hour
You only earn ten

< harmonica solo >

Apologies, was feeling miserable and wanted a rant, thought up thread title and it reminded me of something.

Have lovely DH and kids, no money worries, and my health. Come and kick me up the arse please

diedandgonetodevon Sat 03-Oct-09 12:23:19

[gives hefty kick to Balloons posterior]

Loving your work though! grin

skidoodle Sat 03-Oct-09 12:25:29

God knows when
You'll be doing it again

This is the hard bit for me - that by the time I'm able to organise my life around the things I love again, I may not even want to do the things I wish I could do now.

Not that it matters really, just a weird thought.

fandango75 Sat 03-Oct-09 12:38:45

hmmmmm - i earn too much money and am going back to work next week 4 days a week and have been in tears as dont want to. I wish i earn less than the cm / nursery then i would be able to stay home. Am really sad and spent all night crying in bed sad

sunshineandshowers Sat 03-Oct-09 12:40:56

great poem.

Sympathise. Mums up and down the land do as well.

Why don't you organize something completely and totally your own. Like going away for a week next year to somewhere you couldn't take DC's somewhere that scares you. Go on scubadiving course, go on National Trust clean out a lake weekend, go train travelling round Poland?

Nothing like a break to shake things up.

BalloonSlayer Sat 03-Oct-09 12:43:31

Unmumsnet (((hug))) fandango.

Sorry to upset you.

I know I am lucky. I don't earn a lot less than the childcare, so I could "get DH to pay" half or all of it (makes no difference really) so I felt I was keeping all my earnings, but I don't want to leave my smallest DC either really.

But I wish I could have something in my life other than wiping things.

BalloonSlayer Sat 03-Oct-09 12:45:48

Sunshine: PMSL at "go on National Trust clean out a lake weekend"

that's what I feel like I've just been doing in my sodding bathroom grin

Like skidoodle says though I don't think I know what I would want to do given the opportunity.

fandango75 Sat 03-Oct-09 12:46:29

i know what you mean - am hoping for life balance just feel 4 days bit much without DS - am going to try and if i hate it will leave (DH unaware of this yet!) grin

Bigmouthstrikesagain Sat 03-Oct-09 13:05:25

I feel your poem balloon... Have started my own thread today on the wish to run away and hide from domestic duties!

carocaro Sat 03-Oct-09 13:11:51

Yes Yes and Yes.

I long for the day both my son's learn to piss in the toilet and not on the seat or the floor.

HOWEVER I am having a girls night out tonight which I am very much looking forward too, have outfit laid out on bed and have straightened hair!!

It's only a take away and wine at a friends house but it will be lovley!

BalloonSlayer Sat 03-Oct-09 13:20:34

carocaro envy

And it's not a poem, peeps, its a homage wink

Anyone else fancy a crack at a second verse?

(Clockwork Thomas don't work/Cause the DCs took the keys out?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now