Talk

Advanced search

To think there should be a company which delivers nibbles?

(17 Posts)
TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 02-Oct-09 22:14:09

Am on 2nd glass of wine and really fancy something to munch on, but tomorrow is shopping day and our cupboards are bare of nibbles. Dh and I both over limit to drive. Shop not within walking distance.

I mean, you can order pizza, curry, Chinese - so why not a packet of cheesy Doritos and some chilli nuts eh?

4andnotout Fri 02-Oct-09 22:17:52

Graze deliver healthy snacks, I have a box on a tuesday night so I can lounge around eating cashews watching holby.

gemmiegoatlegs Fri 02-Oct-09 22:22:13

we have a local alcohol delivery service that will also bring you pringles, doritos, mars bars etc. The only bother is there is a minimum order (so you have to get more wine, not just the snacks)

dilemma456 Fri 02-Oct-09 22:31:31

Message withdrawn

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 02-Oct-09 22:32:48

Healthy snacks? Healthy snacks?!?!?! WTF?

I want calories and fat - not flipping cashews! I bet they're unsalted too. Pah!

cornsilk Fri 02-Oct-09 22:36:33

I know exactly what you mean Tafka. I want dips and I want them NOW.

saggyhairyarse Fri 02-Oct-09 22:36:39

Pre-children when I used to smoke substances that made you get the munchies I called taxis on more than one occasion to deliver rizlas, fags and snacks.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 02-Oct-09 22:40:06

Ooh, that's a good idea saggy!

Dh is not keen, strangely.

Google is not being forthcoming on snack/booze delivery services in South Buckinghamshire. sad

Wineonafridaynight Fri 02-Oct-09 22:41:24

When I was at university in Southampton, there was a company run by a student called 'Dr Booze'. He would deliver booze, nibbles, cigarettes, etc.., and if he didn't have them, he would pick them up along the way! It was great but surprisingly didn't work! Whenever I have had a few glasses of wine and realy fancy some crisps or sweets that aren't in the cupboard, I long for Dr Booze! I also remember that he even took payment in cannabis on one occasion! Not from me by the way! From someone who lived with my boyfriend!

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 02-Oct-09 22:45:04

I think that companies like that don't work as legitimate business ventures. Imagine trying to fill in your tax return on something like that!

hatwoman Fri 02-Oct-09 22:45:11

when we were in Australia there were companies who'd deliver anything (as long as there was an open shop to get it from - and there usually was). they'd get take away from places that didn't do delivery, they'd bring you cigarettes, booze, snacks, tea bags, toilet roll - whatever you needed. they were basically a shopping service. I thought it was the absolute best idea ever. never come across it anywhere else.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 02-Oct-09 22:49:58

I wonder if I could get a Tesco delivery slot for, like, the next hour or so?

MookySpinge Fri 02-Oct-09 23:02:02

this is why God invented teenagers who can drive - 'I will give you £87million if you get me some houmous' never fails

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 02-Oct-09 23:17:20

Fuck that, as soon as ds can ride a bike safely I'm going to send him out for mini popadums and mango chutney!

beaniesinthebucketagain Fri 02-Oct-09 23:20:23

YANBU

lol, at ds riding a bike safely he can go hehe!!

I luckily had a lovely dp who brought his first car today and is willing to do anything to get an excuse to drive so im happily munching nuts and chocs! grin

petetong Fri 02-Oct-09 23:25:03

Oh dear, just read that as deliver 'nipples', was thinking of breastfeeding mums and thought what a fabby idea. grin

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 02-Oct-09 23:26:16

Will swap breastmilk for Tangfastics....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now